RE: Australian

Started by Barazen, March 15, 2022, 05:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barazen

So i bought rimworld on steam right? a long ass time ago, back in alpha sometime, now.  i find i cant even view the store page on steam regardless of my current ownership. How can i get the NEXT DLC when it comes out? is there a way to transfer my steam key into a direct copy from ludeon? or some other way i can keep up to date regardless of my nanny gov?

A brief look around didnt net me much in the way of answers, and im hoping for a bit more then "we're working on it" as aus gov isnt exactly knowing when enough is enough and i suspect this will escalate to them demanding digital copies being removed.
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

Canute

Quoteis there a way to transfer my steam key into a direct copy from ludeon?
Most developer can give out free steam keys, at this way steam can get more user. But they don't like to loose the user.

Quoteor some other way i can keep up to date regardless of my nanny gov?
Be politican, get at the might and change the rules. Or be an revolutzer and start a rebellion.
Maybe try an VPN service.

glass zebra

Note: Using a VPN to circumvent restrictions can get your Steam account banned.

nattywwc

It's a bit late, but the DLC for Rimworld have their own page on Steam, neither of which are blocked from access. Should a new DLC be added to Steam, it will almost certainly have the same setup.

So to answer your question, when the next DLC is out search 'Rimworld' in the Steam search bar and click on the DLC directly instead of the game page. You should be able to buy it no worries.

The Australian government can't really do anything to remove existing copies allocated to your account, so you should be fine there if you already have it. It only harms people who want to buy the base game from now on.

Hopefully Ludeon has taken this to the review board and they'll sort out the classification boards craziness.