bought royalty on homepage - no steam key?

Started by MikeExp, March 10, 2020, 06:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeExp

Hi folks,
I think I have done something stupid: I just bought Royalty on the Rimworld homepage because I was sure, I would also get a steam key. This does not seem to be the case or is there any way to obtain one if you bought the DLC from the homepage?

Best regards,
Mike

MikeExp

ah... I just found this page: https://rimworldgame.com/getmygame/

Unfortunately the system seems to be broken...? At least I don't receive any email from the system.

Tynan

It should work - can you give it an hour and let us know if the email doesn't come?

It is sent with SendGrid so almost anyone should be able to receive these emails. But sometimes something takes time in some server somewhere. I've seen reports of it not working for a day. Email is kind of mysterious.

If there's still an issue please email [email protected]
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

MikeExp

Dear Tynan,
thank you very much for the fast reply. I still have not received a mail to my @outlook.de e-mail address. I guess, I will wait until tomorrow and then I will contact you via e-mail.

carbon

Out of curiosity, did you check your spam folder? It's pretty common for SendOwl to get marked as spam because it's an automated system.

MikeExp

thanks for the hint but yepp, checked the spam folder and nothing there. :(

Elrood

It could take send grid like 20 hours (or more in few occasions) to send mail to my more obscure/spam email. Gmail, it is taking them like 20 minutes which is just meh.

MikeExp

Yeah, I know. It's just puzzling for me that outlook.de (the german version Microsoft's outlook.com) seems to count as "obscure". :P

Whatever, I sent an email to [email protected] and hope that Michael will be able to help me.

Bozobub

Perhaps M$ is playing silly games, like they do with Hotmail?  Hotmail is notorious for blocking email address verification emails semi-randomly with no notification, for example.
Thanks, belgord!

MikeExp

Support-Michael was able to help me. Thanks Michael. :)
fyi I still have not received the email to my @outlook.de-mail-adress. I wonder whether this is something other users of Microsoft email addresses have also experienced...

Canute

Just curious.
Is that the same email you got notification for the vanlilla game too ?

MikeExp

And I have just bought the Ideology Expansion and I am having the exact same problem again... Guess I will try the support mail again... grmpf