Hydromancerx

Transcendent

WIP

Hydromancerx

--- Reserved Just in Case ---

You may reply now.

CyberianK

Wow this is quite extensive.

So do you usually only progress slowly in a game? When I play medieval I just don't research Electricity+ (self enforced) but I guess I still use some furniture and other items that aren't fully era authentic especially when I am still tribal this sounds intersting.

What would really help is some mod that lets you customize all Technologies from all mods you have and selectively disable them plus also put all techs into Time Categories (Bronze Age, Med, Renaissance etc). I use ResearchPal and it has color coded kind of eras but its not customizable afaik no idea if that would be possible at all or interfere with how mods work in general.

Hydromancerx

@CyberianK
The first eras are quick, but once I reach say Prehistoric then it slows way down. I also "drag my feet" to try to explore and test the eras. Like my last run with 1.0 lasted over an year and I only got to the Dark Age before 1.1 came out. In short this type of play is a marathon, not a sprint.

In the 1.0 play through i posted my Mod List here. I have been slowly rebuilding it for 1.1. One trick i use is the Faction Control mod paired with the Faction Discovery Mod. Basically you turn off the factions you don't want and then turn them on when you are ready. I generally turn them on an era ahead of me. Such the Ancient Rim factions when I am in the Copper Age and the Medieval factions when I am in the Bronze or Iron Age. You have to be very careful about pirates. If they sneak in there I will god mode delete the raids if they appear.

As for techs, I usually just research the tech tree as normal, but  just because i researched it doesn't mean I can use it yet. In fact while in the Iron age I had basically Renaissance level research going but couldn't use any of it yet because it was inappropriate for my current Era. And that's basically the kinda of on the fly stuff you got to do. Ask yourself or look up if something existed yet. If so then you can use it, if not then you have to wait.

CyberianK

Thanks yes in my game I also use Faction Control and disabled Mecha + Gun wielding factions + Empire faction and increased Medieval factions.

That said I still get some Noble missions, I probably should have disabled DLC before. No idea if I can Disable DLC on existing savegame.

Hydromancerx

Here are my disabled events. However I have the Scenario Amender mod now so I could potentially add back in events as i advanced. While before this mod I was stuck with what I originally limited.

CyberianK

What is the mod where you disable events?

Can I disable the Royalty DLC events?