Caveman to Cosmos Self Imposed Rules

Started by Hydromancerx, March 10, 2020, 03:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydromancerx

In the scenario settings you should be able to.

Also a preview of my current play through.

The Obsidi Tribe in the Prehistoric Era.

Hydromancerx

vashtiuthpisces

Here are my moon base plans for the Penumbra Tribe. Unfortunately, the mod that allows you to remove ruins crashes my game, so I am unable to utilize it. I have quite a bit of junk to deconstruct! After trying the challenge a few times, working out mods and scrapping an idea I had for a rather-harsh ice age, I'm finally ready to get through this challenge. Cosmos or bust! I'll share my progress and story at the end of each Epoch.

vashtiuthpisces

As you can see Luna Tribus has cleared some of the ruins. The first epoch was relatively uneventful. We've got some rough moods due to dehydration, heat stroke, and an unfortunate lack of foraging (mea culpa).

I also discovered that my dev mode was broken during the last game patch. It's throwing errors associated with the Crash Landing mod, but I don't currently have that installed. Hopefully I can fix it before I need to do some animal taming!

vashtiuthpisces

This picture sums up Homo Habilis for my tribe. Destruction of all the buildings and junk on the map, and my pawns desperately trying to entertain themselves building sandcastles. A dry thunderstorm on 11 Jugust provided several fires for us to extinguish, teaching these we cave men the magic of the flame!

vashtiuthpisces

My tribe has finished all my goals for Erectus, and we're moving on to Homo Sapiens. I look forward to more opportunities to make my tribalists a little happier. Major events included illness and two rounds of refugees. I realized about half-way through this stage that my storyteller was set to peaceful for some reason, and corrected that. I've still not had a raid, however.

vashtiuthpisces

My tribe has moved into the Stone Age as of late last night. The honest truth is that the mood malus from lack of food options was really wearing on me, and after several quadrums of waiting for wolves, I decided to simply spawn some huskies to tame and move on.

I'm really looking forward to taking my time through the stone age, and
enjoying each section, bit by bit. I'll be expanding the base and adding some more decorative items to make it feel quite a bit more homey. I do have an issue in that with my particular mod setup cooking research requires the regular research bench. My plan is to build it, research cooking, and then immediately dismantle it.

I'm adding a blueprint to this post for my small, Sapiens-friendly personal hut. It includes a bedroll and two leather door flaps that you'll need to customize with your tribe's current supplies, and I've left out the flooring so you can put in whatever you like. I ended up using different floors for each hut, which looks "interesting", though not particularly aesthetic. :)

Major events for this epoch included a Feast - an event from the new VE Vikings mod. My tribalists had a grand time partying for almost two days, and passed out outside in -1 degree weather, all high on ambrosia. We also had a child born, and recruited two raiders. My tribe presently consists of a Shaman/Tribal leader (researcher), Two builders, a Farmer and farmer/rancher combo, one cook, one crafter, one artisan, and one miner. 5/9 are ranged, with 4 being melee.