[1.1] Mortar missiles can still pass through overhead mountains

Started by AlbaniaSama, March 13, 2020, 12:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbaniaSama

I'm a hardcore mountain enthusiast; every game I've played for the past 900 hours has been in the mountains. One thing I noticed is that once every few sieges (2-3) that attack me, one ends up lobbing at least one mortar shell directly through an overhead mountain tile. I figured that this would've been reported ages ago as I've had it happening since B18, but almost all reports are responded with "Can't replicate" or "Probably hit a thin mountain tile." I'm also a vanilla only player, so I'm positive it doesn't have anything to do with mods either.

Replicating the bug is honestly probably the biggest issue because I have absolutely no idea what triggers it. Typically the shell that gets inside is an incendiary and typically it happens near a smooth wall. All I can recommend is to play on a large size map, dig out a massive room, smooth some walls and wait to see if a siege hits your colonists inside the mountain. 

Here's a screenshot of my most recent hit to prove I'm not crying wolf

Kenneth

Can you upload a savegame where this just happened, preferrably with the debris still in place so we can see the exact location where it hit?
Even better would be a savegame where the mortar is about to hit (save before every shot).

Tynan

The most likely explanation I can see is that there are a handful of normal roof tiles among the overhead mountain. You could try to find them with careful mousing over perhaps. The savegame would also be good to dig into!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog