Mods that you’d like to see becoming part of the basegame.

Started by Breadbox, March 14, 2020, 06:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrashMan

Quote from: Bozobub on March 17, 2020, 07:19:34 AM
I meant exactly what I said.  Furthermore, your attitude is crap; no one was being shitty to anyone  here, until YOU showed up.

Feel free to expire in a high temperature, reducing environment.

If you consider disagreeing "being shitty", then sure.
Otherwise, no.

Feel free to have a nice day.

Bozobub

Quote from: TrashMan on March 17, 2020, 06:45:58 AMa) wrong metric

b) depends on optimization. Something that is part of base game would have less of an impact than a mod, due to better implementation

Also, did you say quality control? Much better quality and balance? Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
Quote from: TrashMan on March 18, 2020, 07:20:51 AM
Quote from: Bozobub on March 17, 2020, 07:19:34 AM
I meant exactly what I said.  Furthermore, your attitude is crap; no one was being shitty to anyone  here, until YOU showed up.

Feel free to expire in a high temperature, reducing environment.

If you consider disagreeing "being shitty", then sure.
Otherwise, no.

Feel free to have a nice day.

Yeah, no.  You should remember your posts don't magically disappear; your tone and intent is quite clear, along with the actual words used.

Feel free to expire in a high-temperature, reductive environment.
Thanks, belgord!

Ukas

Set up camp or something like should be in the game. But most of these no. Definitely not for likes of real ruins, which could be fun to try once, but in long run practically ruin the fun by making things ready for the players.

Lexa

Quote from: Ukas on March 19, 2020, 09:15:08 AMwhich could be fun to try once, but in long run practically ruin the fun by making things ready for the players.

... dont crank up the mods settings to insanely overpowered levels then? I use that mod and i can tell you every single damn post on reddit for "wow look what cool thing real ruins gave me for free on my starting map" has cranked the settings way up. The only thing i ever get on the default settings are ruined wooden shacks with sometimes a ok bed or two, but mostly awful to poor.

If these setup the shelter for you then im really curious what you got to say about the vanilla ruins, which are generally in a much much better shape and larger. But look real goofy.

Ukas

I like the new ones and don't view them as goofy, instead they look quite historical, like they were left behind by an ancient civ more than a colony of random space refugees or pirates. Although, got to admit that I have plenty of floor mods which may make them look cooler than how they'd appear in vanilla.

RicRider

The new ruins make it feel like you're on some kind of a ruined, graveyard planet with steles and sarcophagi everywhere and nicely aligned pillars. It's a pretty good aesthetic I haven't seen for a while.
##Coding Scrub##

dmitriid

Below "should" means "IMHO". I may be mis-remembering some mod names. Off the top of my head without starting the game.

QoL:

- Allow All. Current behaviour: Such a simple thing that already exists in the game in true Hitchhiker fashion: through a click in a menu invoked by right clicking on an item in a menu in the Orders tab of the Architect tab. Should be available in a less awkward fashion.

- Priority hauling. Current behaviour: That crucial medicine or armour is deteriorating? Oh, sorry, colonists are busy building floors, planting daisies and hauling stone blocks 🤷‍♂️

- Smart medicine, Pharmacist. Should be: No, you don't need Glitterworld medicine to treat a bruise.

- Pick up and haul, While you're up, Build from inventory. Current behaviour: "Hey, I'm mining this plasteel at the end of the map, now I'm returning to the colony, I'm gonna ignore everything I've just mined". This is not right :) Should be: Colonists should haul stuff while they are going somewhere.

- Numbers. Current behaviour: Which of you colonists is the best shooter? You can click through info on each colonist, write down/memorise numbers, repeat a few years in. Or look at the hunting skills in the Work tab and hope they reflect reality (not necessarily). Oh, you wanted to see who your best trader is? Good luck. Should be: Numbers changes all that. You can now make educated decisions faster. Which is extremely important for harder games.

- Dubs Mint Menus. Current behaviour: any bill menu is a list of things with a tiny i icon that you need to click for more info. Should be: Well, Dubs Mint Menus

- Where is my weapon. Should be: Now that you're healed, go and fetch your weapon. You can easily cloth yourself, why can't you grab a weapon?

Additional nice-to-haves:

- (nice to have) Everyone Gets One. Should be: There are quite a few things (especially apparel and weapons) that you want to build X per colonist.

- (nice to have) RimHUD. Should be: More info in the colonist info panel

Content

- RimFridge. Should be: Yes, food should be stored in fridges.

- RealRuins. Current behaviour: ruins generate a circle of walls, urns and steles. That's it. Should be: We know Rimworld is populated and there are settlements always being set up and destroyed. We destroy many of them ourselves. With the Royalty DLC there's even a fallen empire. So why are ruins so.... boring and same? Ruins may be an expansion on the "ancient danger" concept with actual realistic ruins generated and perhaps containing unknown dangers (but perhaps not).

- More events, more trader types.

Additional nice-to-haves

- (nice to have) More Floors, More Bridges, Embrasures, Hardened Walls and Doors, More lights (wall lights, ceiling lights, outdoor lamps)

- (controversial) RimCities. Current behaviour: We as a player can easily cover the entire map with a base. Why can't the AI? Especially towards the endgame? Should be: Increase size of settlements (perhaps not as much as Cities, but still). Bring in events from Cities: toxic, bombardment, infested.

TrashMan

Quote from: Bozobub on March 18, 2020, 07:58:51 PM
Yeah, no.  You should remember your posts don't magically disappear; your tone and intent is quite clear, along with the actual words used.

Feel free to expire in a high-temperature, reductive environment.

Neither do yours.

Start taking your own advice.

AileTheAlien

I wouldn't mind vanilla ditching half of the leathers and wools. They all overlap a lot, and are all outclassed by Devilstrand anyways, which is relatively easy to farm. (And would save me fixing the errors 1.1 introduced into my mod...)