[Vanilla 1.1] Cannot Load Caravan With Items Reserved By Cooking Pawn

Started by oatzzz, March 14, 2020, 11:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oatzzz

How to reproduce:
- store raw food for cooking (e.g. corn)
- configure pawn to cook meals forever using corn
- create caravan loading less than the full amount of corn with a different pawn than the one configured to cook (e.g. i've done this with 25k corn in storage, and creating a caravan to transport 12k corn)

Expected behavior:
- I would expect both pawns to be able to complete their tasks simultaneously.
- If the result of the cooking and loading was the exhaustion of the stored corn I would expect the cooking to cease, and the caravan to depart with less than the full amount.

Observed behavior:
- The caravan is loaded with a marginal amount of corn and starts traveling the world. Most recently the caravan left with 700ish corn instead of 12k.
- If you pause during the loading process you can select the caravan pawn, right click the corn, and see "Reserved by XXX" where XXX is the pawn configured to cook forever. Indicating that the cooking has exclusive rights to the stored corn. Perhaps because the cooking actions was scheduled prior to the creation of the caravan.

Workaround:
- Suspend all cooking bills for the time it takes to load the caravan.

This is possibly related to https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=50596.0, however my report is different enough (and that other reporter seems to think their bug was not a bug) that I reported a separate bug.