Quintuple Triple Rocket Launcher

Started by DuckBoy, March 15, 2020, 03:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuckBoy

So... I've got a 3 star quest for two rounds of pirate sieges, and I've tried it twice now, and the ~37 pirates come with 5 triple rocket launchers and a doomsday rocket launcher, as well as 2 mortars shooting incendiary rounds. 

It appears I've brought a monosword to a rocket launcher fight.  Are there any options besides running away? 

(I have 10 colonists, several high level psychics, advanced melee weapons, and 2 miniguns, and unfortunately, zero allies)

Canute

Ofcouse an open fighterfight it is a loose for you, the rocket launcher mosttime can kill you before you even kill one of them.
Since you don't have sniper weapons to kill the launcher at distance, you should ambush them.
A narrow passage/passthrough like a doorway.
Position the mellee left and right of the doorway, so anything that want to pass through get attacked.
A 3. mellee maybe ready to block the middle spot or if someone slip through.
I wouldn't use the miniguns, because of there slow warmup but you can let the contineus fire at a fix spot outsite through the doorway. But they might hit the mellee or the walls.

I hope you got the idea about the tactic behind.
But it will be very difficult task anyway because of much micromanagment.
If you got some insanity lances, you could use them on the launcher people.

carbon

The travel time on a rocket is significant. If you have a pawn with Skip, just bait out a rocket launch, pause immediately, and Skip the target to safety. That shouldn't be too hard if you're keeping track of the warm-up on the rocket boys and have a shield belt or two to withstand any other attacks the bait is taking.

Alternatively, you might be able to Skip some of the rocket boys into melee range. Ranged units don't fire their weapons when in melee, so once you pull them toward you, the main danger is neutralized.

zizard

Use berserk and they will blow themselves up or sacrifice some animals