Is colonist market value considered when calculating raid strength?

Started by justio38, March 15, 2020, 08:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justio38

I've seen mixed answers online. The wiki says no, but some people say yes. I decided to just come here to this forum for answers.

Does my colonist wealth count towards the raid strength calculation? Or is the wiki correct in that it's only item wealth and building wealth. Also is item wealth considered if it's equipped to my colonist i.e. weapons and armor?

I have one colonist who's worth $10,000 market value, is this contributing to making my raids harder? Or is what I heard true where colonists add a base value to the calculation regardless of their individual market value?

Bozobub

I don't believe it's market value but yes, colonists count very strongly towards your colony "wealth", when calculating raids.
Thanks, belgord!

zizard

They are counted twice, once for their market value and once for a separate colonists factor.

justio38

So the formula on the wiki is outdated? Does anyone know when this change to the raid strength formula was made? Or does anyone know the new raid strength formula?

The formula on the wiki says:
P = (( C × 42 ) + ( iW ÷ 100 ) + ( bW ÷ 200 )) × ( sR × lR ) × D × T × R

That formula only counts item wealth and building wealth. So does the formula now have an additional pawn wealth component? like a + (pW ÷ 100) or something like that?

Lexa

Did you not see the disclaimer that that section is outdated? Colonist values are included in the creature wealth part of your graphs and contribute to raid points as expected for their value + extra for their combat capabilities. The same is true for any animal that can be trained to relase.

zizard