Caravan allies 'helping' with infestation by using incendiary rounds my house...

Started by mooguy, March 17, 2020, 06:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooguy

Please don't let caravan guys spawn with Molotoves or Incendiary launchers. Even when the bugs are dead they will 'help out' by firing incendiary rounds at the Hive spots on the ground - which would be fine if they weren't in my dinning room haha...

I know they are 'Killing it With Fire lolz'.. but please no

Canute

Just be lucky he didn't owned a doomsday launcher. :-)
I suggest the Trading spot mod, so you can adjust where the caravan hang around.

mooguy

Interestingly enough they were originally outside the base at the front - but turned out to proactively enter my base and try help out. Maybe when one of them goes inside to eat at your table it triggers the assistance.

Canute

They invade your base when they want to eat, and a table+stools are at their look range.
Maybe they saw the insects or got attacked by them and start to fight back.

ShadowKatt

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and it turns out that hell can come back up the same road and set everything on fire.

I feel your pain but it is kinda funny.

Ukas

It's not about winning the game, it's about the story, and caravaneers with fire weapons make a good story, congratz buddy :)

SpaceDorf

You're right this is a really good story.
Funny, tragic and all in between.

But the thing about stories is, that it only stays a great story, when you can tell it like this :

Do you remember that ONE time, when .. those stupid traders burned down my base ?

The author of the thread wants it to stay that way. Because the other kind of story would b

Don't you hate it, every f***ing time those traders try to help me and  shoot at something, the nearly burn down my base and get themselves killed ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

TrashMan

One time, I had a massive infestation...40 hives or so
I had a whole bunch of super-humans armed and armored to the teeth and special rooms and defenses prepared just for that. Slaughtered them all. Left a few hives and 1-2 bugs in the isolated cavern part of my base.

Some time after aroudn 40 Kurin drop-podded and came to "help". Draggin dirt tough my whole bese, they heroically killed 2 spelopodes and 2 hives, while only sustaining 2 casualites and 2 wounded (which I wasted meds on saving).