Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• March 29, 2020, 02:19:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [1.1.2575 + Royalty]-Quest Error "Could Not Resolve Any Root: Quest Description"  (Read 397 times)

Teleblaster18

• Colonist
  • Self-Tamed
    • View Profile

1.1.2575 (stable)
Royalty DLC
Vanilla - no mods being used

Error on Quest, "One Deadly Prisoner" - message states "Could Not Resolve Any Root: Quest Description"

Please see the screenshot in the link below:
https://imgur.com/7ARyamk

Tynan

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Transcendent
    • View Profile
    • Tynan's Blog

Could you possibly post the log from when this occurred? It would be extremely useful to see the grammar generation trace.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Teleblaster18

• Colonist
  • Self-Tamed
    • View Profile

Could you possibly post the log from when this occurred? It would be extremely useful to see the grammar generation trace.

I'm sorry, but I don't have the log from the exact time that this error generated;  however, I do have the save game files from 4 game days before the error occurred, and 11 days after (with the glitched quest still displaying in the quest history tab).  If you'd like a copy of either (or both), just let me know, and I'll be happy to upload them.

Nattnissen

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Got the same error, I am running alot of mods but have seen this error in quests from both Royalty and from the Megacorp mod.

Tynan

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Transcendent
    • View Profile
    • Tynan's Blog

I'm sorry, but I don't have the log from the exact time that this error generated;  however, I do have the save game files from 4 game days before the error occurred, and 11 days after (with the glitched quest still displaying in the quest history tab).  If you'd like a copy of either (or both), just let me know, and I'll be happy to upload them.

Thanks, though I really need the log. I'm working on the output a bit so it's somewhat more robust but I'd definitely need a debug log to really dig into it.

Got the same error, I am running alot of mods but have seen this error in quests from both Royalty and from the Megacorp mod.

I took a look and it's a very strange log, like the grammar trace is missing or didn't make progress. I suspect a mod did something here.

We're working to make grammar more robust.

BlastCom

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

I got the error while playing with the French translation. I tried to generate multiple quests with the English language but didn't get the error with over 500+ quests generated.
With French, it took me 20 quests... Probably a translation error, but the first post was in English.

This is the link for the error log (french) :
https://justpaste.it/QuestDescriptionError

What to do to repeat the error :
- Choose the French language with no mod.
- Choose crashlanded scenario
- Difficulty rough with Randy.
- No particular seed, but choose Temperate forest as location.
- After landing, activate dev mod and generate multiple quests.

b606

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Hi BlastCom,

Could you please recheck with the updated master or unstable branch from RimWorld-fr ?

win50117

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

see my topic:https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=51246.0

I found the wrong file:\Royalty\DefInjected\QuestScriptDef\Scripts_Utility_Helpers.xml

don't translate this sentence:

<Util_ChooseRandomQuestHelperKind.root.nodes.GetRandomPawnKindForFaction.storeAs.slateRef>TODO</Util_ChooseRandomQuestHelperKind.root.nodes.GetRandomPawnKindForFaction.storeAs.slateRef>

Tynan

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Transcendent
    • View Profile
    • Tynan's Blog

I made the debug output for translation failures better and had it give a partial output to the player.

There seem to be some language-specific bugs here so let me move this to the right forum.

BlastCom

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Hi BlastCom,

Could you please recheck with the updated master or unstable branch from RimWorld-fr ?

Tested with the unstable branch. I didn't get the error with over 500+ quests generated.

Tynan

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Transcendent
    • View Profile
    • Tynan's Blog

Unstable is same as default right now fyi.

kwel01

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

hello, i have this bug too
i use 1.1.2579 royalty in french (no mod)
my save:
https://mega.nz/#!fUhVVCoY!T-2AAsOHBzJzz8UMI1bynMi4xspHGVAJ0hlipY954VQ

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 02:14:09 AM by kwel01 »

b606

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

It is strange because the concerned file has not changed since March 12, way before 1.1.2575. Anyway, I just tested the french with 100 mechanoids quests.
Should be fine