Any more RimWorld YouTubers I haven't seen?

Started by RicRider, March 19, 2020, 07:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RicRider

Rhadamant, Koko, Thet, GamingByGaslight, Decoherent, Xwynns, PrinzFeuer, BigHugeNerd... all people I love and watch. Are there any other RimWorlders out there I haven't seen that I should check out? I'm already going through the ones on this board but I need more that people know :)
##Coding Scrub##

Malackai

What about Total Timewaster and Pete Complete

InterstellarOrbit

5thHorseman

I heartily second Pete Complete. One of my favorites and not just Rimworld.

KitchsVideos has some Rimworld videos though he's not done any recently.

Quill18 has some long running series that I've enjoyed as well.

Sips has about a billion videos, and maybe a million of those are Rimworld. He can be very aggravating to watch though as he ignores common sense (and his chat) which leads to his downfall - that he then blames on the game.

I (HMV Plays) have had 3 really short series my own self, 2 of them due to the single colonist dying and the 3rd due to my stopping playing Rimworld.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

RicRider

Woo, lots of good names thanks for those guys. Can't wait to check some of them out. HMV actually I remember watching your series now; I really enjoyed those! When can we get some more? I really love your style of narration and you were doing something different to others for sure.

I also should mention Roll1d2Games if any of you guys haven't heard of him. I left him off my list last night by accident but he's really good. He plays super fast and talks super fast like a radio announcer and it's just really funny to watch him play raids at 4 speed.
##Coding Scrub##

5thHorseman

Quote from: RicRider on March 20, 2020, 09:05:46 AM
Woo, lots of good names thanks for those guys. Can't wait to check some of them out. HMV actually I remember watching your series now; I really enjoyed those! When can we get some more? I really love your style of narration and you were doing something different to others for sure.

Sadly, don't think I could muster up enough enthusiasm to play again, little alone make a series. I tried when 1.1 came out but some of the changes actually made the game worse in my opinion. I don't want to rant so I'll leave it at that. :)
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Rex705

Ic0n Gaming

Cpt.Shiver

Hey everyone. I'm a relatively new youtuber that is only on episode 2 of of my Vanilla Rimworld playthrough. Seeting or perma death and initial villagers are whatever was ranomly selected. Here's the link if you're interested.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCJiEqlUbarmRIRan7Ftcng?view_as=subscriber

RicRider

Thank you for all your suggestions, I love them all! Good to see so many people making RimWorld Let's Plays.

By the way if any of you are open to suggestions for a new series, here's one I've been playing and would love to see someone else doing:

- Totally medieval/fantasy run based on Rim of Magic.
- Use Neronix's Forgotten Realms mods as well
- Use various Warhammer races
- Use Palisades mod
- Use Fantasy Goblins mod
- Play only a greenskin tribe that's at war with everyone else
- I also use Jecrell's Vampires and wish he would update his Werewolves and giant spiders mod too!
- Oskar's Vanilla Factions Medieval
- Medieval Times
- Picts, Celts and Vikings mod
- No guns/low tech mod (wish this would be updated)
- Prison labor/simple slavery mods

What can I say, I love my orcs, goblins and yes even kobolds!
##Coding Scrub##

Canute

Quote- Totally medieval/fantasy run based on Rim of Magic.
Maybe you should do that without Rim of Magic.
I like that mod much too, but most of the magic/abilities is very powerful.
And beside a few magic events (like the Lich) don't increase the difficult.

RicRider

Yes magic is powerful, that's the nature of magic.

I can't imagine a world with goblins, orcs and elves that doesn't have magic.

Best settings of course to play Rim of Magic on is Randy Random hardest possible difficulty.

You can also add dire raids, large faction bases.

With Vampires mod you got seriously challenging foes even for your best magic users.

You can add Megafauna, Dinosaurs, dragons too.

You can limit yourself to a few magic users in your colony while allowing the AI to have as many as they want.

I turn off classes from non fantasy setting like technomancer. I also don't do lich because it just doesn't make sense to me. Greenskins are nice people too; they are not monsters!

You can add new faction mods like Rim of Magic Fighters and Monks that make more enemy assaults with magic users.

Personally I find pure medieval runs a bit boring, it all amounts to the same thing, people plinking each other with arrows while heavily armored melee runs them down, but to each their own!
##Coding Scrub##

Canute

Yes vampire can be dangerous, special when an elder vampire arrive.
But believe me, disabling shot (ok maybe you might don't use sharpshooter at the medivial or maybe with crossbows) or galdiator who pull them with a good chance to down them for a few secs are enough to take these elder into prison.
A trained monk,deathknight and maybe other mellee fighter can even 1vs1 centipede's.

QuotePersonally I find pure medieval runs a bit boring
That why i say don't use rim of magic, the fight's get much more bored (if you do it right).

RicRider

I'm sure even a jaded forum warrior like yourself can appreciate a goblin riding a giant pig who just cast a giant fucking snowball into an empty killbox for NO REASON AT ALL.
##Coding Scrub##