[ 1.1 / Royalty ] Active Quest Not Completed After Objectives Met

Started by Svadros, March 19, 2020, 07:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Svadros

Hello,

I had the same issue with this topic: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=50633.0

It has been fixed with the lastest hotfix according to the topic above. But I have almost the same issue.

Basically, There is a quest which wants me to destroy a mech cluster and the reward is improved relationship with the quest giver by 75. There is no deadline for the quest. It just says that I need to destroy the cluster.

After I got the quest, I took my time and destroyed the cluster slowly in couple of months in game time. After I destroyed every single piece, quest was still in my active list and I didnt got my reward.

Since I can't attach the save file for some reason I will send it to the email adress mentioned in the above topic. I would also appreciate if you can tell me wheter or not I'm missing something and there is no bug but I hardly believe so. After I click on the " jump to the location" button in the quest it just shows me the empty spot where there was a cluster. In the save file, you can see the quest is still active but there is nothing more to do.

Thanks.

Tynan

Hey, thanks for sending the savegame. The fix only affected newly generated quests, so old quests would still be broken. So if you completed a quest that was generated on an older version of the game it might still fail.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Svadros

Hey, Thank you for the fast reply.

I'm asking just to understand it better. By oldly generated, do you mean the quests coded before the dlc ?

Because I just re-download the game 2 weaks ago after I heard about the DLC and started a completly new run just a week ago. The game was updated when I started this run, so the quest was generated today in my updated version of the game.

I guess I misstated myself with this statement: " I took my time and destroyed the cluster slowly in couple of months in game time", I meant in-game time.

Tynan

In that case there might still be a bug. Can you possibly post the savegame? You can upload it to DropBox or Google Drive to post it here, or email it to me: [email protected] (please link this thread in the email).

I'd be very appreciative! If we get the savegame where the cluster exists we can reproduce and solve the issue.

Svadros

Of course, I send you an email with 3 attached files (Before the quest, when the cluster is present and after the cluster destroyed).

I hope it helps

Tynan

Nowhere

I think i fixed the issue for the next update. But to fix it in your playthrough you'll have to:

-Enable developer mode
-Find that quest on the quests tab
-Enable "Dev: Debug" checkbox at the bottom of that quest's description
-Press the "..." button
-Select "Quest**.cluster.AllEnemiesDefeated" option

And quest will be finished after a small delay.
Thanks for reporting!