Not getting new download emails for new versions since Royalty

Started by marauder_mike, March 17, 2020, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marauder_mike

Since buying Royalty, I'm not getting any new emails from Sendowl, despite both the core game and Royalty being updated continuously. I've checked the Spam folder.

I can always download the current version via the link in the last mail I got, but my "downloads remaining" count is getting low (down to 4, with 1.1.2573), so this is not a long-term solution. I've tried having them re-send the mail as described in the pinned thread: It worked, but the new mail has the same download count.

Is this a known problem, or should I contact Sendowl about this?

Canute

Hi,
that is nothing new. Same happen with vanilla gameplay.
Until a new major version comes out (1.2) you won't get an email.
But the link you get inside the email NEVER change.
Basicly you can use the link and check if the download count got reseted , then there is a new version.

marauder_mike

Quote from: Canute on March 17, 2020, 06:48:07 AM
Until a new major version comes out (1.2) you won't get an email.

OK this kinda makes sense. It's not a perfect solution because the game does still notify me of new minor versions on the main screen, and the download link in the mail will also have the latest minor version for download always. But if they release more than 3 minor updates before 1.2 my remaining download count will be at 0 and I will not be able to install them as a non-steam user. Let's hope 1.2 arrives sooner than that.

Canute

You can email the ludeon support and ask for a reset if you basicly download each day a new version.
IMO it isn't important that you download daily the newest version except you encounter a bug at your gameplay and hope for a fix.

BlackSmokeDMax

Is Tynan even putting all of these minor updates on the SendOwl system? Typically he hasn't done that in the past, at least since he started using Steam with Alpha14. Since then almost all of the minor updates are done using Steam and only once he thinks a build will be a stable build for a while does he put it on SendOwl.

Canute

Rimworld main screen tell me 2575 is the latest build (2579 on steam i saw at some bug report),
And 2575 i can download with sendowl.
You just don't get notifications for these updates, and the count didn't got reset.