[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jovzin

For me that pink bug is OK.  I am living with it since version 1.0 and it will get away once the baby gets to next stage.
But somehow I do not know what happened but for me now the baby is born and looks like an adult not as small baby as it was when I was playing my 1.1.2654 game version.
I am now on new game with new version 1.2.2753  and somehow the baby is born as adult with 0 age... 
Below is my mods files in attachment.

EDIT: 
Can maybe this be part of my  issue ? This I found in log :
Possible typo: BodyTypeDef. Using def type name not preceded by "Of"
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.DefOfHelper:EnsureInitializedInCtor(Type)
RimWorldChildren.ChildBodyTypeDefOf:.cctor()
System.Reflection.MonoField:SetValueInternal(FieldInfo, Object, Object)
System.Reflection.MonoField:SetValue(Object, Object, BindingFlags, Binder, CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.FieldInfo:SetValue(Object, Object)
RimWorld.DefOfHelper:BindDefsFor(Type)
RimWorld.DefOfHelper:RebindAllDefOfs(Boolean)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__6_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

EDIT2 :  So I read through last 15 pages. Looks like the Facial Stuff is doing this and putting the body of an adult above the baby body from CnP mod ?   That some patches checks are no longer working ?  Bcs in my 1.1 version of game I remember all was working well.     Crap hope there will be some patch or something that will make it work again. I remember from that 1.1 version of game, that the baby and toddler bodies did not have the hands and feet, even the teenager body was without those but it was working and they were not looking like an adult when born...
And what about the Facial Animation does this work with CnL ?   

EDIT3:  I just tested via dev menu option. I tried to do give birth and yeah I saw a baby body with a head of a adult body on it together with hands and feet. And as somebody already mentioned (a few pages back) the baby was trying to move but the hands and feet was not moving at all.  So looks like it is really Facial Stuff rendering the adult body over the baby body from CnL :(   hope there will be some fix please.

Jovzin

Ok another edit after some testing and other stuff.
So it is interesting and I do not know why the author of Facial Stuff  did what he did.  He removed a few lines of code ( but added support for CSL ) that was working with Children and Pregnancy mod.   
I see he removed a line that one guy mentioned on Steam page for Facial stuff mod.  But on top of that he removed a few more lines of code that were working for kids.   I was lucky enough that I had some older version of Facial stuff mod before he removed those lines of code. I decompile both of those version of dll ( the latest one and the one I had from beggining of 2020 ) and compare them in WinMerge program.     
Now I added the lines that he removed back and edited them a bit so it should work with the latest dll but somehow the Visual Studio 2019 will not compile the dll due to like 1000 errors in the code. I must say I do not know how he did it that he was able to compile the dll with so much errors.

Anyway in the game if I replace the assemblies folder with the Assemblies folder from previous version of his mod the kids are working fine and they do not have the big adult heads and hands and feet.   
So this is a bit strange. Like somebody mentioned on Steam Facial  stuff page , looks like the author of the Facial stuff mod got fed up with mods that are handling the Children and pregnancy ???   Well than why he added the CSL mod support to his code but removed the CNP support ? 

Anyway right now the old dll is working for me and I have a normal kids with normal heads like it was working in 1.1.2654 game version. 
I am trying to somehow compile the dll  in Visual Studio 2019 community version but somehow it is not working due to a lot of errors that looks like were already there before I decompile the dll and edited it. 

PS: I am not a programmer guy. I am just a humble Network Engineer guy with a bit of knowledge of python due to working with Autodesk Maya a lot :)  ( hobby is 3d modelling of some static objects ) 

Wolkeo

Hi i have trouble with the mod what the hack i think this two mods are incompatible i have this error in the log i try to pick up a mech and it not work and the error come i turn out the children and pregnacy mod it works and i can pick up the mech somone have a selution ?

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorldChildren.WorkGiver_TakeBabyToCrib.HasJobOnThing (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Thing t, System.Boolean forced) [0x0001e] in <1f5f58e363274a8aa94d1c13877805a5>:0
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddJobGiverWorkOrders_NewTmp (UnityEngine.Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] opts, System.Boolean drafted) [0x0019d] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddUndraftedOrders (UnityEngine.Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] opts) [0x00084] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch2(UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn)
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00056] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Selector.RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks_Patch1(RimWorld.Selector)
  at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () [0x00000] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () [0x0000f] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x000d3] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root.Verse.Root.OnGUI_Patch1(Verse.Root)
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root:Verse.Root.OnGUI_Patch1(Root)

Canute

WorkGiver_TakeBabyToCrib,
does the pawn want to take the mech to the crib ? :-)

The first try should be to move CnP around at the modlist.
At first at the end of the list and if that don't change anything, nearly on top.

But beside that, the error don't give any hint about another mod (or i don't see any).

Wolkeo

i have try to move the mod or the other mod it not working

Makedar

Hello, who can help me with it. Looks strange, because I`ve download this mod in acrhive from GitHub
Logs - https://gist.github.com/e49ea5d0752642636b44a78a85d5e2fe
Screenshots -chttps://ibb.co/1bzBVJL https://ibb.co/YfhymPk

and pawns dont do the Lovin' action in one bed

TheLlamacorn

Hi! I recently downloaded this mod along with a few others and started a new save. After a few weeks in-game, two of my colonists (male and female) became a couple, so I made a double bedroll for them to sleep in. They make love like 2 times a night almost every night and have been doing so for ~7 in-game days now, yet the girl still hasn't gotten pregnant (I checked in developer mode). The girl is 23 and the guy is 20, neither is taking contraceptives, and I don't have any other mods that would interfere with this one. I feel like she should've gotten pregnant by this point, but she hasn't, what could I be doing wrong? FYI I'm pretty new to rimworld and using mods in rimworld, but I read carefully about every mod I add to make sure I don't do anything wrong. Hopefully, someone can help me with this, thanks in advance! :)

Edit: I think I found the problem! If the couple is sleeping in the same room as other people, it seems like the girl won't get pregnant. When they're in a separate room it works though. I assume this is unintended, but qt least now I know how to make I work.

Edit 2: Nevermind, that only seemed to be the case when I tested it in a new save file, the couple in my main save still can't get pregnant, even when I give them a separate room... I really have no idea what it could be at this point, it seems to only be an issue with these two colonists.

Edit 3: I suspect it has something to do with the custom scenario I made, it seems like it works fine if I use another scenario. I did disable a lot of events in the scenario I made, but nothing that I would imagine would prevent pregnancy. I will have to test a bit more to see what is stopping them from getting pregnant.

KozmoD

So Ive been off Rimworld for a while. Im back at playing the game and CnP is essential IMO. I would like to ask, how is this mod going? Is it buggy?

Waras

Quote from: Tragix on January 29, 2021, 02:17:39 PM
How many children are showing up in your raids? My testing only ever showed 2-3 per 100 visitors. Child ages are subject to the race though, so if you had a race with a 100 year long child stage, they would be very abundant.
You can set lifecycle speed per stage, so I would suggest setting the baby stage to max. At this time, there is no plan to allow skipped stages.
Thank you for replying to everyone xD, I have had around 20 ppl raids and like 8 of them there children, you know how Rngesus likes to toy with u, they carry melee weapons or none at all and rush in to their death like meatshield then the rest of the raid is ranged, but yea its not always some other playthroughs I had 2-3 children per raid. Still at least option to configure that would be nice.

Anyways this is totally playable mod with few bugs, but I dont mind them, like too loud crying or pink squares, compatibility with other mods are pretty good, there are some errors with spawning don't remember where exactly, but nothing gamebreaking, obviously incompatible with other children mods.

DDTShallong

sorry about my poor English
i met a question when i dress the baby with lightleather onesie, and there's a purple square shown on the baby.

here's the log:
Failed to find any textures at Things/Apparel/Onesie_Newborn while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Apparel/Onesie_Newborn, color=RGBA(0.545, 0.329, 0.137, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

and i can't find any onesie_newborn file in texture/things/apparel folder, there's only beanie_toddler and onesie_toddler files.
installed v3.5.3 donwloaded on gitlab

Fester803

I'm having issues with v3.5.2.  My pawns are getting pregnant but are not birthing any newborns.  The pawn that gave birth still has the "new mother" mood buff and lactating. I uninstalled all mods and reinstalled the game and have run it with only Core, Royalty, Harmony, Hugslib, Children and Pregnancy, and Character Editor being used.

RibDibbington

Does C&P forcibly prevent new pregnancies above a certain colony size? I haven't had any children in at least three in-game years. Bugs with MedPods notwithstanding (it considers all children to be a disease and erases them if the mother hops in one, so I have to constantly watch my pregnant women because they'll jump in for JUST their pregnancy), and there've been a few updates to Rimworld and C&P since I started playing... But only my existing children, from long enough ago that I don't remember what changed or when. Marriages still happen (five recently), and they still have sex (I think), but zero children. Can't explain it, and I don't know where to start. Thanks.

EDIT: Just remembered; I've always had population size set to zero, so it shouldn't be artificially restricting from the user options. Could another mod be interfering with that setting (seems like it would be a custom variable that only C&P can see) and thereby preventing new pregnancies?

GhostData

Quote from: Zylle on February 21, 2021, 01:05:03 PM
Pink square bug report, if it helps you track it down: A 14 year old human visited my colony (Hospitality), purchased a onesie and equipped it, resulting in a pink square.

Last error looks like the only relevant one: https://pastebin.com/1yRTrrEu
That will be a compatibility issue on Hospitality's side, as it determines who buys what. It would need logic to respect CNP's component age restrictions. Possible there may be another check I need to patch as well.

Quote from: Jovzin on March 09, 2021, 05:58:06 AM
*snip* So looks like it is really Facial Stuff rendering the adult body over the baby body from CnL :(   hope there will be some fix please.
No plans at the moment to work on compatibility with Facial Stuff. Both mods require extensive rendering changes, and these core mods like Alien Races and Facial Stuff do not provide any API to integrate with their code, making "compatibility patching" an exercise in insanity trying to patch their patches with reflection. I make an exception for Alien Races because i consider it one of the few mods that are essential core mods for any load order. These mods would make it infinitely easier to integrate my simply exposing some levers (such as an additionalOffset field for AlienRace body addons.)

Quote from: TheLlamacorn on April 04, 2021, 11:18:52 AM
Hi! I recently downloaded this mod along with a few others and started a new save. After a few weeks in-game, two of my colonists (male and female) became a couple, so I made a double bedroll for them to sleep in. They make love like 2 times a night almost every night and have been doing so for ~7 in-game days now, yet the girl still hasn't gotten pregnant (I checked in developer mode). The girl is 23 and the guy is 20, neither is taking contraceptives, and I don't have any other mods that would interfere with this one. I feel like she should've gotten pregnant by this point, but she hasn't, what could I be doing wrong? FYI I'm pretty new to rimworld and using mods in rimworld, but I read carefully about every mod I add to make sure I don't do anything wrong. Hopefully, someone can help me with this, thanks in advance! :)

Edit: I think I found the problem! If the couple is sleeping in the same room as other people, it seems like the girl won't get pregnant. When they're in a separate room it works though. I assume this is unintended, but qt least now I know how to make I work.

Edit 2: Nevermind, that only seemed to be the case when I tested it in a new save file, the couple in my main save still can't get pregnant, even when I give them a separate room... I really have no idea what it could be at this point, it seems to only be an issue with these two colonists.

Edit 3: I suspect it has something to do with the custom scenario I made, it seems like it works fine if I use another scenario. I did disable a lot of events in the scenario I made, but nothing that I would imagine would prevent pregnancy. I will have to test a bit more to see what is stopping them from getting pregnant.
There are a few factors that go in to determining if a pregnancy happens. It's pretty primitive right now, IIRC. Most important is age - 25 and below is generally 100%, 50 and above is 0. There is a baby cap in the settings - this includes all colonists. If either pawn is sterile or on contraceptives, they can't have baby. If the mother is of a race that has pregnancy disabled, she can't make baby.
Hard to say what is preventing baby in your save. There are also some other mods that explicitly target CNP's baby making code and snip it so it doesn't work.

Quote from: KozmoD on April 09, 2021, 05:23:40 PM
So Ive been off Rimworld for a while. Im back at playing the game and CnP is essential IMO. I would like to ask, how is this mod going? Is it buggy?
Development is stagnant and there are still functional bugs here and there.

Quote from: DDTShallong on May 04, 2021, 11:10:49 AM
sorry about my poor English
i met a question when i dress the baby with lightleather onesie, and there's a purple square shown on the baby.

here's the log:
Failed to find any textures at Things/Apparel/Onesie_Newborn while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Apparel/Onesie_Newborn, color=RGBA(0.545, 0.329, 0.137, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))

and i can't find any onesie_newborn file in texture/things/apparel folder, there's only beanie_toddler and onesie_toddler files.
installed v3.5.3 donwloaded on gitlab
Onesies and baby beanies are toddler clothes. Infant's have no clothing at the moment. Not sure how you equipped the item to be honest.

Quote from: RibDibbington on May 30, 2021, 06:28:02 PM
Does C&P forcibly prevent new pregnancies above a certain colony size? I haven't had any children in at least three in-game years. Bugs with MedPods notwithstanding (it considers all children to be a disease and erases them if the mother hops in one, so I have to constantly watch my pregnant women because they'll jump in for JUST their pregnancy), and there've been a few updates to Rimworld and C&P since I started playing... But only my existing children, from long enough ago that I don't remember what changed or when. Marriages still happen (five recently), and they still have sex (I think), but zero children. Can't explain it, and I don't know where to start. Thanks.

EDIT: Just remembered; I've always had population size set to zero, so it shouldn't be artificially restricting from the user options. Could another mod be interfering with that setting (seems like it would be a custom variable that only C&P can see) and thereby preventing new pregnancies?
There's a setting, but if it's zero it doesn't apply.There may be checks in Rimworld itself that prevents new pawns from being created, or another mod may be blocking the pregnancy code.
As for med pods, I tested this with the latest branch. With only pregnancy, my pawns did not hop in. If they had another reason (carcinoma) to hop in, the med pod removes the pregnancy as well. I consider this a defect with the med pod mod, as we are using the isBad tag to flag the hediff properly.

3.5.4 released
https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/releases/v3.5.4

This removes all translation files, as they aren't even being properly maintained in the first place. As recent Rimworld updates have made it easier, it's now expected that individuals who want to maintain a translation for CNP will do so in their own addon mod. Anyone interested in using the questionable language files that were deleted may find them in the git history.
Toddlers aging to children will now drop their toddler-only gear to prevent render issues. This will also trigger an optimization pass for gear, so they should seek out new equipment.
Upon aging up to a life stage that does not disable work types, the newly enabled work types will now be enabled in the work priority manager without having to save and reload.
The patches for Alien Races have been updated for the most recent release.

GhostData

4.0.0 - Experimental - Released
4.0.0 should be save compatible - be sure to take a back up and delete the entire 3.x.x folder when installing. Def changes will require changes to any custom patches people are using.
This release adds a new alternative rendering scheme for unsupported races that do not have their own def files. This works by bypassing the normal CNP rendering changes in favor of a simple scaling scheme instead. I believe some similar mods handle races this way as well. Babies will still look like little burritos, but toddlers and children will look like scaled-down adults instead.
Presently, this will disable the beanie and onesie for those races due to not being able to provide graphics.
This has only been tested with a handful of random races.
This is an experimental release - I don't know exactly how stable it is with other races. If you're not comfortable testing a half-baked caffeine fueled mess, maybe give this release a pass until reports come in.

I also want to go on record by saying that 20 minutes of coding in HAR to add a "additionalOffsets" parameter and API would have saved like 10 hours head bashing trying to patch internal anonymous methods in the DrawAddons method.

WalkingProblem

Hihi~

Quick question. Does this mod introduce pregnancy for humans only, or also for races from the alien humanoid framework?