[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolpeti

Quote from: GhostData on January 30, 2022, 04:48:00 PM
can you finaly please fix the pawn spawn age relation of faction PawnKindDefs since the shattered empire did just send me another batch of 10 year old Janissaries.
Removes children from Royalty and Ideology faction spawn lists.[/quote]
Thank you, finaly, but does that mean they are still inculded in the outlander, tribal and space pirates lists?
Do they all use the same spawn lists for caravans and visitors as for raiding parties?

By the way i never figured the "adopt" part out just "arresting" a random child that walks by.

GhostData

Quote from: Wolpeti on April 04, 2022, 02:54:53 PM
can you finaly please fix the pawn spawn age relation of faction PawnKindDefs since the shattered empire did just send me another batch of 10 year old Janissaries.
Thank you, finaly, but does that mean they are still inculded in the outlander, tribal and space pirates lists?
Do they all use the same spawn lists for caravans and visitors as for raiding parties?

By the way i never figured the "adopt" part out just "arresting" a random child that walks by.
No, they're removed from all visiting factions for the time being. It should be the case that the only children you will see are children born in the colony.

The Adoption feature is essentially a way to capture another faction's abandoned child without suffering reputation penalties. If you use it while that faction has adults on the map, it will be treated the same as an arrest and will make them hostile. If they leave without the child for whatever reason - mostly because Rimworld doesn't do a good job of simulating pawn compassion for down pawns, or children being born on your map - you can use this to easily take the child in, for those who have qualms with leaving them to starve to death.

Ruisuki

Quote from: GhostData on April 18, 2022, 09:26:43 AM

No, they're removed from all visiting factions for the time being. It should be the case that the only children you will see are children born in the colony.

The Adoption feature is essentially a way to capture another faction's abandoned child without suffering reputation penalties. If you use it while that faction has adults on the map, it will be treated the same as an arrest and will make them hostile. If they leave without the child for whatever reason - mostly because Rimworld doesn't do a good job of simulating pawn compassion for down pawns, or children being born on your map - you can use this to easily take the child in, for those who have qualms with leaving them to starve to death.
theres a chance for pregnant pawns to pass through your base and give birth? I cant think of another situation where that specific scenario would happen

GhostData

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 22, 2022, 03:01:27 AM
Quote from: GhostData on April 18, 2022, 09:26:43 AM

theres a chance for pregnant pawns to pass through your base and give birth? I cant think of another situation where that specific scenario would happen

In theory, yes. Prisoners are the scenario I had in mind at first, but there is nothing stopping guests from becoming pregnant on your map during a visit and giving birth during another visit. In there rare case that a non-player-faction baby or toddler found its way onto the map, I wanted to give the player a better option than using it for target practice.

Wolfguard21

Hello, Just bought Rimworld last week and played it in vanilla to get the ropes.
Now I downloaded some mods including this, however.
It has been over 1 year in-game time. yet my partner did not get pregnant.
I only have a few mods.
EdB prep carefully
Show hair with hats
Dynamic Population
Humanoid Alien Races
Warhammer Zhthy'hl
Packs are not belts
Hugslib
Harmony
Children and Pregnancy

Thats about it. So Im not sure if my characters are sterile or the mod is not working.
The crib is there as well as the contraceptives. But nothing is happening.

RibDibbington

Make sure that the Children & Pregnancy settings allow for either an arbitrary number of colonists (I believe it tells you to set it to 0) or that you're not already at your set colony maximum.

I have this problem myself, despite it being set to zero. I use a custom storyteller that removes the population cap (so that I keep seeing quests and events that give me more colonists), but C&P still operates on its own behavior and refuses to let anyone get pregnant above a certain number of colonists...

Ruisuki

Hey so do i need to do anything special to get pawns pregnant? its been a year in game and theyve done lovin' but nothing so far. no contraception used either

Makedar

Can someone help how to fix it? Pawns have no textures if I`m adding lifecycle in settings.

Error rendering pawn portrait: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorldChildren.Patches.AlienRaces_DrawAddons_Patch.ModifyScale (Verse.Graphic graphic, Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Rot4 rotation, System.Object addon) [0x00024] in <223b849f1b0f476cab5816064045ffb8>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.DrawAddons_Patch0(Verse.PawnRenderFlags,UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,UnityEngine.Quaternion,Verse.Rot4)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal_Patch3(Verse.PawnRenderer,UnityEngine.Vector3,single,bool,Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,Verse.PawnRenderFlags)
  at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderCache (Verse.Rot4 rotation, System.Single angle, UnityEngine.Vector3 positionOffset, System.Boolean renderHead, System.Boolean renderBody, System.Boolean portrait, System.Boolean renderHeadgear, System.Boolean renderClothes, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] overrideApparelColor, System.Nullable`1[T] overrideHairColor, System.Boolean stylingStation) [0x00138] in <99518a644a3e4a7ea3fde566568df84a>:0
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
Verse.PawnRenderer:RenderCache (Verse.Rot4,single,UnityEngine.Vector3,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<RimWorld.Apparel, UnityEngine.Color>,System.Nullable`1<UnityEngine.Color>,bool)
RimWorld.PawnCacheRenderer:OnPostRender ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.PawnCacheRenderer:RimWorld.PawnCacheRenderer.RenderPawn_Patch2 (RimWorld.PawnCacheRenderer,Verse.Pawn,UnityEngine.RenderTexture,UnityEngine.Vector3,single,single,Verse.Rot4,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,UnityEngine.Vector3,System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<RimWorld.Apparel, UnityEngine.Color>,System.Nullable`1<UnityEngine.Color>,bool)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer:Verse.PawnRenderer.GetBlitMeshUpdatedFrame_Patch1 (Verse.PawnRenderer,Verse.PawnTextureAtlasFrameSet,Verse.Rot4,Verse.PawnDrawMode)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer:Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt_Patch2 (Verse.PawnRenderer,UnityEngine.Vector3,System.Nullable`1<Verse.Rot4>,bool)
Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker:DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn:Verse.Pawn.DrawAt_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,UnityEngine.Vector3,bool)
Verse.Thing:Draw ()
Verse.ThingWithComps:Draw ()
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Map:Verse.Map.MapUpdate_Patch2 (Verse.Map)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Game:Verse.Game.UpdatePlay_Patch1 (Verse.Game)
Verse.Root_Play:Update ()

Canute

Please allways add the whole logfile to the errormsg.
When you use hugslib too, just use the "Share logs" button and post the link, that include the modlist too.

At which position do you have C&P ? Before or after the race mod ? If it is before just move it at the end of the modlist maybe that allready help.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 23, 2022, 08:18:24 PM
Hey so do i need to do anything special to get pawns pregnant? its been a year in game and theyve done lovin' but nothing so far. no contraception used either
I dont think its error related but posting just in case https://gist.github.com/585ffdcfb036326476ddf7d6bc7746de

I didnt touch the settings, pawn limit is set to 0 etc. I have seen kids, teenagers in game so the mod is active

Makedar

Quote from: Canute on April 27, 2022, 02:10:28 PM
Please allways add the whole logfile to the errormsg.
When you use hugslib too, just use the "Share logs" button and post the link, that include the modlist too.

At which position do you have C&P ? Before or after the race mod ? If it is before just move it at the end of the modlist maybe that allready help.

Do you mean that?
https://gist.github.com/a531937dd3b28239d4b37278e2ec6d91

Ruisuki

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 27, 2022, 06:49:26 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on April 23, 2022, 08:18:24 PM
I dont think its error related but posting just in case https://gist.github.com/585ffdcfb036326476ddf7d6bc7746de

I didnt touch the settings, pawn limit is set to 0 etc. I have seen kids, teenagers in game so the mod is active
i have this mod auto sorted with rimpy so that shouldnt be an issue at least

Error in static constructor of RimWorldChildren.HarmonyPatcher: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'RimWorldChildren.HarmonyPatcher' threw an exception. ---> HarmonyLib.HarmonyException: Patching exception in method System.Void Verse.PawnRenderer::RenderPawnInternal(UnityEngine.Vector3 rootLoc, System.Single angle, System.Boolean renderBody, Verse.Rot4 bodyFacing, Verse.RotDrawMode bodyDrawType, Verse.PawnRenderFlags flags) ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00029] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].InsertRange (System.Int32 index, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] collection) [0x00012] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0
  at RimWorldChildren.Patches.PawnRenderer_RenderPawnInternal_Patch+<Transpiler>d__4.MoveNext () [0x00269] in <223b849f1b0f476cab5816064045ffb8>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T]..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] collection) [0x00077] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x00018] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0
  at HarmonyLib.CodeTranspiler.GetResult (System.Reflection.Emit.ILGenerator generator, System.Reflection.MethodBase method) [0x00051] in <212c5fc0752a439c852373c986c00088>:0
  at HarmonyLib.MethodBodyReader.FinalizeILCodes (HarmonyLib.Emitter emitter, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] transpilers, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] endLabels, System.Boolean& hasReturnCode) [0x0014a] in <212c5fc0752a439c852373c986c00088>:0
  at HarmonyLib.MethodCopier.Finalize (HarmonyLib.Emitter emitter, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] endLabels, System.Boolean& hasReturnCode) [0x00000] in <212c5fc0752a439c852373c986c00088>:0
  at HarmonyLib.MethodPatcher.CreateReplacement (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,HarmonyLib.CodeInstruction]& finalInstructions) [0x00286] in <212c5fc0752a439c852373c986c00088>:0
  at HarmonyLib.PatchFunctions.UpdateWrapper (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, HarmonyLib.PatchInfo patchInfo) [0x00057] in <212c5fc0752a439c852373c986c00088>:0
  at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.ProcessPatchJob (HarmonyLib.PatchJobs`1+Job[T] job) [0x000bb] in <212c5fc0752a439c852373c986c00088>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.ReportException (System.Exception exception, System.Reflection.MethodBase original) [0x0010f] in <212c5fc0752a439c852373c986c00088>:0
  at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.Patch () [0x00093] in <212c5fc0752a439c852373c986c00088>:0
  at HarmonyLib.Harmony.<PatchAll>b__10_0 (System.Type type) [0x00007] in <212c5fc0752a439c852373c986c00088>:0
  at HarmonyLib.CollectionExtensions.Do[T] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] sequence, System.Action`1[T] action) [0x00014] in <212c5fc0752a439c852373c986c00088>:0
  at HarmonyLib.Harmony.PatchAll (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00006] in <212c5fc0752a439c852373c986c00088>:0
  at HarmonyLib.Harmony.PatchAll () [0x0001b] in <212c5fc0752a439c852373c986c00088>:0
  at RimWorldChildren.HarmonyPatcher..cctor () [0x0000c] in <223b849f1b0f476cab5816064045ffb8>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor(intptr)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor_Patch1(System.RuntimeTypeHandle)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll_Patch4()
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Log:Verse.Log.Error_Patch4 (string)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll_Patch4 ()
Verse.PlayDataLoader/<>c:<DoPlayLoad>b__4_3 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate (bool&)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root:Verse.Root.Update_Patch1 (Verse.Root)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update ()

LiteEmUp

the babies and children mod on steam has alien babies, but no pregnancy at all lol).. so does this mod has alien babies now, coz i like that this mod has pregnancy(so that i don't have to download a separate pregnancy mod lol)???

S K S

Hi! Love the mod!

Is the strange placement of beanies on crawling infants and newborns in cribs a bug with the mod? As far as I know I am using the most updated version, 4.1.9. I know it could also be a conflict with other mods I have, just was wondering if it was a bug with this mod before I go down the rabbit hole of trying to figure out which other mod could be causing the problem.

Thank you :)

Mox

I'm getting a bunch of errors when I start up, but I'm able to start a game and play seemingly fine?
The conflicts seem to be between CE and C&P basically, if I disable CE then it starts up without whining.
Is this anything to worry about?

https://gist.github.com/ce63c376782e4899a8bd331619a68355