[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RikuOrihara

I will test this one out :)

On github are some people who try to update too, just mention it

Bengto

I moved the file into the mod folder but I cant see it in the modlist, any idea why?

Canute

Did you move the zip archive into the mods folder or did you unzip it ?

Bengto

Quote from: Canute on March 27, 2020, 09:07:51 AM
Did you move the zip archive into the mods folder or did you unzip it ?

I moned the zip file

Canute

Rimworld can't handle archives, you need to unzip them.
Maybe you should read the sticky here "HELP:How to install mods".

Bengto

Quote from: Canute on March 27, 2020, 09:17:53 AM
Rimworld can't handle archives, you need to unzip them.
Maybe you should read the sticky here "HELP:How to install mods".

ooh my bad lol

Geese man

Will the v2.0.0 have rotting infant/toddler/child corpses so they don't randomly grow into a full adult without a head (but have 0% missing body parts thus purely visual)
and are there any fixes for the toddler/infant feeding bugs? (present in both the original mod and this 1.1 v1.0.0)

For instance a childcare pawn will attempt to feed a infant/toddler (which are zoned in a "child area") but instead of simply carrying the infant/toddler to their assigned crib they will carry them to a medical bed (regular bed not a hospital one) and either drop them there making the toddler walk back to the zone and leaving the infant to be rescued and no feeding interaction was done. (this happens with perfectly healthy infants and toddlers thus not "patients")

Or a slightly different version of the one above they will carry them to a medical bed put them in the bed then pick them up again to bring them to their assigned crib and to finally feed them, thus just wasting time.

One that is actually more game breaking is when a childcare pawn tries to feed a infant/toddler but for some reason cant feed them thus constantly picking up the infant/toddler putting them in their crib then stopping the interaction to immediately pick up the infant/toddler and rapidly repeating the cycle, creating a noise sounds closest to a wooden wall being melee attacked, now why this happens i could not figure out yet, it did however throw a debug log at me (see pic) so far this happened with simple meals and pemmican, but i assume most food can have this problem. so far I could only fix this by either downing the pawn that was attempting to feed or removing their childcare priority entirely (if I would let them do something else first they would simply finish that task then go back to feeding again not having fixed the bug, letting the pawn sleep does however sometimes fix the bug as they would eat the food in their inventory after sleeping themselves)

these bugs appeared without any other mods and with mods that should not have any interaction with this mod.

GhostData

Quote from: Geese man on March 29, 2020, 08:36:58 AM
Will the v2.0.0 have rotting infant/toddler/child corpses so they don't randomly grow into a full adult without a head (but have 0% missing body parts thus purely visual)
and are there any fixes for the toddler/infant feeding bugs? (present in both the original mod and this 1.1 v1.0.0)

For instance a childcare pawn will attempt to feed a infant/toddler (which are zoned in a "child area") but instead of simply carrying the infant/toddler to their assigned crib they will carry them to a medical bed (regular bed not a hospital one) and either drop them there making the toddler walk back to the zone and leaving the infant to be rescued and no feeding interaction was done. (this happens with perfectly healthy infants and toddlers thus not "patients")

Or a slightly different version of the one above they will carry them to a medical bed put them in the bed then pick them up again to bring them to their assigned crib and to finally feed them, thus just wasting time.

One that is actually more game breaking is when a childcare pawn tries to feed a infant/toddler but for some reason cant feed them thus constantly picking up the infant/toddler putting them in their crib then stopping the interaction to immediately pick up the infant/toddler and rapidly repeating the cycle, creating a noise sounds closest to a wooden wall being melee attacked, now why this happens i could not figure out yet, it did however throw a debug log at me (see pic) so far this happened with simple meals and pemmican, but i assume most food can have this problem. so far I could only fix this by either downing the pawn that was attempting to feed or removing their childcare priority entirely (if I would let them do something else first they would simply finish that task then go back to feeding again not having fixed the bug, letting the pawn sleep does however sometimes fix the bug as they would eat the food in their inventory after sleeping themselves)

these bugs appeared without any other mods and with mods that should not have any interaction with this mod.
I'll fix bugs that I am able to replicate. All of those listed here have either fallen outside of my testing so far, or I have simply not observed.
The first error with child corpses is definitely an odd one. Do you mean to say that if a child dies, at some point their dead body will "grow" to an adult size and lose it's head? If I had to guess, I would say the render patches stop applying, but I haven't tested child death yet.

Expect a release some time in the next week, but most of the changes so far are to provide other mods a way of integrating and extending this mod. I will fix as many bugs as I can identify while I am working here.

Geese man

First bug always happens when a non adult body human (infant, toddler, child) corpse starts rotting. just dev mode "give birth" any pawn punch the newborn to death use the dev mode tool "rot 1 day" a few times then it should show the render bug, just force birthday the infant to toddler age and child age all 3 have the same bug (has always been the case after 30+ attempts)

The feeding bug is fairly rare (few times in 30 hours of regular gameplay) (both albeit the carrying to medical bed being more common) for what it looks like its a malfunction in the "rescue" code as infants are always incapacitated and toddlers get most likely get caught up in the bug due to having the same feeding mechanic as the infant has. so far really no idea how to trigger this. Ill try to record it when it happens again and collect any logs it might create.

GhostData

Thanks for the report. I've found the issue with rot rendering. I've fixed it partially.
Babies, toddlers, and children will now rot just as any other pawn will. Once they reach dessication, they will generate a skeleton. I haven't modified the skeleton in anyway, since I don't really have time to go shrink the graphics down to make tiny baby skeletons.
Expect the fix in release 2.0.0

doodoodoo

Quote from: MagicalFungi on March 22, 2020, 11:50:13 PM
added this to an ongoing modded save and had a weird bug while trying to capture fallen enemies with the ui that made it impossible. the popup window for tasks (ie:capture some guy) flashes repeatedly and doesnt work. the window is also slightly offset. when i removed the mod it went back to normal.

hope that helps, GL with the mod. <3

I've had this same issue but I did not add the mod in mid save. The first was when trying to rescue a downed pawn. The option to rescue flickers constantly and I am unable to click the option. The down pawn was from the Androids Tier++ mod. The second time was when a shaman (Rimworld of Magic) hiver (Kenshi Hiver race) trader came in. I could not trade with them because when I right click them, the option flashes constantly. I could, however, trade them if I drafted my pawns. I have this mod loaded toward the bottom of my load order. I hope this helps resolve the issue somewhat.

Geese man

So I found another bug when a late stage pregnant colonist ran wild on me.
Infant that are "wild" (from either being born wild or using dev mode to run wild) can walk and appear to be capable of most other things as well (although hard to say since you cant control wild humans) they appear to be able to have all mental breakdowns can be arrested so basically act like a adult pawn but in a infant body.
there seems to be no difference from wild infant being born "naturally" from the mod itself and infant that were spawned using dev tool "T:give birth" (mod spawned infants wont have any stats nor backstory, which the dev spawned ones do have)
They keep the ability to walk after getting tamed and dev mode recruited.

I'll post any more bugs I might find with as much details as I can find.
And thanks for updating this mod.

CrazyMalk

About the faster aging option:
Baby And Children used to do this, along with a number of graphical changes (It was used alongside with Children, School and Learning). However, B&C died off and hasn't updated to 1.1. An option to increase the speed that children, babies and newborns age would be appreciated :)
There is also a mod called "Age Matters Updated", it modifies the stats of children below a certain age. Does this mod already modify the stats (manipulation, speech, etc) of younglings, making that mod useless in this case?
Thank you!

Geese man

Quote from: CrazyMalk on March 29, 2020, 09:22:51 PM
About the faster aging option:
Baby And Children used to do this, along with a number of graphical changes (It was used alongside with Children, School and Learning). However, B&C died off and hasn't updated to 1.1. An option to increase the speed that children, babies and newborns age would be appreciated :)
There is also a mod called "Age Matters Updated", it modifies the stats of children below a certain age. Does this mod already modify the stats (manipulation, speech, etc) of younglings, making that mod useless in this case?
Thank you!

I can recommend "Faster Aging" by verdiss, works OK so far (you need to reload the savefile to get children to "grow" to their age appropriate body) other wise you can have a 3 year old infant (should be a child at that point, having skipped toddler as well)
I use these settings in the mod making a newborn grow to 13 (full adult) in slightly less then 2 years,
you can change the 8 to something less if 2 years is too short for your taste.

CrazyMalk

Quote from: Geese man on March 30, 2020, 06:25:59 AM
I can recommend "Faster Aging" by verdiss, works OK so far (you need to reload the savefile to get children to "grow" to their age appropriate body) other wise you can have a 3 year old infant (should be a child at that point, having skipped toddler as well)
I use these settings in the mod making a newborn grow to 13 (full adult) in slightly less then 2 years,
you can change the 8 to something less if 2 years is too short for your taste.

That is actually pretty interesting, never heard of Faster Aging before. Thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to wait until this mod is more stable before playing around with it.