[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadiator

Hello again!

Another bug to report. If you have ambrosia available, and set your infants to the "Nothing" food restriction, so that mothers will breastfeed them, the pawns feeding them will prioritize feeding them ambrosia over breastfeeding them.

I have infants going into drug shock, and I didn't realize because the pawns are feeding them ambrosia over breastmilk.

EDIT: It's also worth noting, that their drug policy is appropriately set to no drugs.

Geese man

Quote from: TheBadiator on April 13, 2020, 06:51:21 PM
Hello again!

Another bug to report. If you have ambrosia available, and set your infants to the "Nothing" food restriction, so that mothers will breastfeed them, the pawns feeding them will prioritize feeding them ambrosia over breastfeeding them.

I have infants going into drug shock, and I didn't realize because the pawns are feeding them ambrosia over breastmilk.

EDIT: It's also worth noting, that their drug policy is appropriately set to no drugs.
perhaps set the babies drug restriction to ambrosia only once every 25 days should prevent most problems, assuming they will actually only get fed ambrosia once every 25 days of course.

Vorltzs

when I play rimworld, I use a whole bunch of mods. some of them are this mod and Android tiers mod. in 'android tiers' mod, you can create your own android to help you.

and of course, when you created your android, their age would be one year old.

the problem is, the android I created is incapable of doing anything because this mod adds status in their health like = child still growing(or whatever it is, I forgot).

maybe you can somehow fix this problem? like adding setting which creature this mod affect?

edit=nvm. after seeing the new update, they already fixed it. once again, nvm.

JMan1008

So I've got a bit of a strange issue at the moment. Two of my colonists (a human and a Twi'lek) have two kids. The first was born human and everything was pretty normal about that. Their second kid is an Oni. I guess having too many race mods can cause the game to read any race as a viable child. Figured I'd mention that because I was a bit confused when a little gray child was born to an average human and a tentacle-head

BooYah11

Love that you've upgraded this to 1.1; thank you! I'm just having a bit of a problem with children working; my pawns are just over four years old but all of the work types are still disabled - it says this is due to baby childhood - I've reloaded the game a couple times but this won't change.  I've got a lot of mods running too, including children and schooling and RJW if this affects it but it's nothing new from what I was using in 1.0 and my pawns always were able to do work after they were about three and a half. 

Third_Of_Five

Quote from: BooYah11 on April 17, 2020, 10:30:40 AM
Love that you've upgraded this to 1.1; thank you! I'm just having a bit of a problem with children working; my pawns are just over four years old but all of the work types are still disabled - it says this is due to baby childhood - I've reloaded the game a couple times but this won't change.  I've got a lot of mods running too, including children and schooling and RJW if this affects it but it's nothing new from what I was using in 1.0 and my pawns always were able to do work after they were about three and a half.

This mod is not currently compatible with children school and learning. The problem you are experiencing is most likely due to the two mods conflicting with each other.

BooYah11

Thanks for replying - I'll try disabling children school and learning and see if that solves it :)

Geese man

Could it be possible to stop toddlers from taking meals as they wont take it out when hungry?

And whilst looking through the mod I saw quite a few things which are either not active or don't work:
things like "hugging" which gives a +3 or +4 mood buff to the receiver. A second postpartum debuff which is -20 and reads: "I can't take care of a child, I can't even take care of myself Am a terrible mother" And although social fight between non psychopath colonists and child colonists don't happen they should either discipline the child or tell them off neither of those have ever occurred for me, it simply stops the fight immediately after starting.
most likely more things in there I didn't see or notice, any plans on getting those things working?

Canute

QuoteCould it be possible to stop toddlers from taking meals as they wont take it out when hungry?
Never played C&P but can't you assign a different food policy to them ?

Geese man

Quote from: Canute on April 19, 2020, 03:08:01 AM
QuoteCould it be possible to stop toddlers from taking meals as they wont take it out when hungry?
Never played C&P but can't you assign a different food policy to them ?

Limiting them to raw food will create the same issue they will still pickup food albeit its corn and still never whip it out when hungry and instead charge my freezer to eat.
Now before I used to zone them in their room until they turned 3 (child stage, thus becoming capable of doing more then crawling around, eating, relaxing socially and occasionally cheering up patients) but having to feed 10 toddlers takes quite a lot of time so I allow them to just go to my freezer to eat but they will always grab a meal and simply never eat it without me micromanaging it.

Third_Of_Five

Quote from: Geese man on April 19, 2020, 06:31:30 PM
Now before I used to zone them in their room until they turned 3 (child stage, thus becoming capable of doing more then crawling around, eating, relaxing socially and occasionally cheering up patients) but having to feed 10 toddlers takes quite a lot of time so I allow them to just go to my freezer to eat but they will always grab a meal and simply never eat it without me micromanaging it.

I mean, babies are *supposed* to be high maintenance... so I guess the question is whether this is really a bug or a feature.

Geese man

Quote from: Third_Of_Five on April 19, 2020, 08:42:45 PM
Quote from: Geese man on April 19, 2020, 06:31:30 PM

I mean, babies are *supposed* to be high maintenance... so I guess the question is whether this is really a bug or a feature.

No shit I still have to feed and play with the infants but it annoys me that toddlers can and will pick up a meal if they have non but never eat it out of own initiative.

Third_Of_Five

Quote from: Geese man on April 19, 2020, 09:34:11 PM
No shit I still have to feed and play with the infants but it annoys me that toddlers can and will pick up a meal if they have non but never eat it out of own initiative.

Hmm.. I assume you are using the latest version? I'll look into it and see if I can make a patch for it.

Geese man

Quote from: Third_Of_Five on April 19, 2020, 11:57:36 PM
Quote from: Geese man on April 19, 2020, 09:34:11 PM

Hmm.. I assume you are using the latest version? I'll look into it and see if I can make a patch for it.

Indeed using v2.0.4, toddlers will simply charge my freezer if hungry and if I forbid the door they will cry with that meal in their inventory.

Taylor7500

I've been looking for ages for a good mod which adds this for 1.1 and this looks just like it. I have a question though - is there any compatibility or interplay between this mod and The Birds and The Bees by Fluffy?

Just since that mod adds reproductive organs and fertility to colonists (without any pregnancy or kids) I figured there was a potential for conflict or at least the fertility added by Fluffy to be completely ignored.