[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Third_Of_Five

Ok so I've been looking into doing a fix for the aforementioned bug where toddlers take food into their inventory and never eat it, and I think this bug could be fixed with a simple harmony postfix to the 'PackFood' JobGiver. (https://github.com/josh-m/RW-Decompile/blob/master/RimWorld/JobGiver_PackFood.cs)

I can probably just add a postfix so that the jobgiver fails if the pawn is a toddler, so they'll never take food into their inventory until they grow older.

GhostData

Quote from: Third_Of_Five on April 26, 2020, 03:13:20 PM
Ok so I've been looking into doing a fix for the aforementioned bug where toddlers take food into their inventory and never eat it, and I think this bug could be fixed with a simple harmony postfix to the 'PackFood' JobGiver. (https://github.com/josh-m/RW-Decompile/blob/master/RimWorld/JobGiver_PackFood.cs)

I can probably just add a postfix so that the jobgiver fails if the pawn is a toddler, so they'll never take food into their inventory until they grow older.

Careful with that source, as it's a couple years out of date. Grab dotpeak and decompile the assembly in your game folder to get a more accurate version.
Please take a look at the contributor guidelines on git and open an issue if you decide to work on it.

2.1.0 released, courtesy of Third_of_five
https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/tags/v2.1.0

This release fixes some interactions, adds several memories, a growth acceleration feature, and some other tweaks.

teddylion333

Hey, thanks for the mod!
I just wanted to report a bug where the child's background story doesn't change from baby, making them incapable of doing anything even after when they grow up to be 20.
I'm wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this issue or this is a general bug

GhostData

Quote from: teddylion333 on April 26, 2020, 10:59:18 PM
Hey, thanks for the mod!
I just wanted to report a bug where the child's background story doesn't change from baby, making them incapable of doing anything even after when they grow up to be 20.
I'm wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this issue or this is a general bug
How are you testing this? If you are using the force birthday command, be sure to allow 250 ticks (about 5 seconds) between each use so the component can tick.
If the pawn ages too fast, the steps that handle the removal of the backstory are skipped.

malistaticy

i dont know the extent of how much you intend to support alien races, but do you think you could add some sort of user defined race filter option? i would like to disable androids (android tiers) from being seen as babies, as the vast majority of them spawn <5 years old and my colonists keep putting them to bed and playing pattycake with them lol

GhostData

Quote from: malistaticy on April 27, 2020, 05:22:24 PM
i dont know the extent of how much you intend to support alien races, but do you think you could add some sort of user defined race filter option? i would like to disable androids (android tiers) from being seen as babies, as the vast majority of them spawn <5 years old and my colonists keep putting them to bed and playing pattycake with them lol
Hah, that's some nice imagery. Must be missing a filter on the new work giver from the last release. I'll fix that up soon.

Long term, the goal is to have native support for as many alien races as possible, along with race specific config to allow the player to tweak settings by race. End goal is to allow a modder to quickly and easily define how their custom race is render as babies/toddlers/children, as well as how child hood works for those races.
I have some ideas on how to accomplish this, but will take some time to sort it out. I suspect it may also represent a major release, potentially requiring a new or clean save.

In the meantime, there are definitely still bugs to correct with the code we have today.

Chezzprinn

Hi tragix,

Would you have any issues with me putting this mod up onto the steam workshop?

Additionally, is the mod compatible with psychology? I remember the old version having a bit of difficulty.

GhostData

Quote from: Chezzprinn on April 28, 2020, 02:14:43 AM
Hi tragix,

Would you have any issues with me putting this mod up onto the steam workshop?

Additionally, is the mod compatible with psychology? I remember the old version having a bit of difficulty.
I have not tested with Psychology, so I couldn't say. IIRC, that mod alters how traits and mental breaks work. I would guess that there should not be many issues with the two, but would need to look into it.

You may put the mod on the workshop provided you follow the license agreement per Thirite - I believe a link to the thread and callout to Thirite is necessary.
I will not provide any support to users on the workshop itself, but they may post here for support.

Chezzprinn

Thanks for the permission, mate!

I've uploaded it to the workshop.

Do you want me to add you as a contributor?

7Lephyr

Hi tragix,
I like this mod a lot and wait its 1.1ver for a long time.So I translated it into Chinese as soon as I find its 1.1ver in steamworkshop.But I can't use github for some special problems. So I make a Chinese translation mod (just a language pack without main mod)and upload it to steamworkshop.
If I can't get your authorization ,I will delect my mod in steamworkshop.

GhostData

Quote from: Chezzprinn on April 28, 2020, 10:41:01 PM
Thanks for the permission, mate!

I've uploaded it to the workshop.

Do you want me to add you as a contributor?
I don't need to be added as a contributor.

Quote from: 7Lephyr on April 29, 2020, 02:45:25 AM
Hi tragix,
I like this mod a lot and wait its 1.1ver for a long time.So I translated it into Chinese as soon as I find its 1.1ver in steamworkshop.But I can't use github for some special problems. So I make a Chinese translation mod (just a language pack without main mod)and upload it to steamworkshop.
If I can't get your authorization ,I will delect my mod in steamworkshop.
No problem, just check back when new versions are released as there will probably be new strings needing translation.

malistaticy

it would be nice if babies had recreation boredom turned off so that their one (or nearly only one) option of recreation, social interacting, didnt take hours to filfill

Ruisuki

whoa no way...i never expected to see this leave the unfinished section. I had been waiting on this mod before starting a new game...yes!!!!

does it support alien races? or is that something id need to contact the author of those races about?

GhostData

Quote from: malistaticy on April 29, 2020, 07:01:49 PM
it would be nice if babies had recreation boredom turned off so that their one (or nearly only one) option of recreation, social interacting, didnt take hours to filfill
This should be the case for social already, but we may need to consider it for recreation if that's what the new play-with-baby interaction is using.

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 30, 2020, 06:02:06 PM
whoa no way...i never expected to see this leave the unfinished section. I had been waiting on this mod before starting a new game...yes!!!!

does it support alien races? or is that something id need to contact the author of those races about?
Alien race support is planned, but still in the planning phase. My hope is to not require explicit patches for most features, but it will be a pretty big change.
Gotta work around my day job.

lbmaian

Quote from: Tragix on April 30, 2020, 09:28:10 PM
Quote from: malistaticy on April 29, 2020, 07:01:49 PM
This should be the case for social already, but we may need to consider it for recreation if that's what the new play-with-baby interaction is using.

Have you taken a look at my commits I linked weeks ago (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=51258.msg476125#msg476125 - make sure to expand all the collapsed diffs)?

They include a note that the social joy tolerance negation hack doesn't work, and what should be done to fix it.