[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidfu

getting this error on sstartup
did a clean install of mod and still get it what u think cause it?

GhostData

Quote from: sidfu on July 24, 2020, 11:24:13 PM
That occurs during a transpiler patch for apparel graphics. Most likely means that the IL that I was expecting is not the IL I am patching, which could mean there is another mod patching the same method in your load order. I'd need to know what that mod is in order to check for issues.

sidfu

Quote from: Tragix on July 25, 2020, 09:17:49 AM
That occurs during a transpiler patch for apparel graphics. Most likely means that the IL that I was expecting is not the IL I am patching, which could mean there is another mod patching the same method in your load order. I'd need to know what that mod is in order to check for issues.

hmm looks like its somethingin hardcore sk causing it. funny thing its only on newewr versions 3.0.7 .
after some exvpermenting its fine up to v3.0.9 the fix for the beanies is what broke comp with hardcore sk.

GhostData

Quote from: sidfu on July 25, 2020, 05:24:37 PM
Quote from: Tragix on July 25, 2020, 09:17:49 AM

hmm looks like its somethingin hardcore sk causing it. funny thing its only on newewr versions 3.0.7 .
after some exvpermenting its fine up to v3.0.9 the fix for the beanies is what broke comp with hardcore sk.
Abraxas has reported a number of issues when running along side Hardcore SK. Given the size of the modpack, I won't be looking into issues with integration there for the time being. The clothing update modified the def files and a number of patches. Without logs I can't even speculate. For reference, his issue almost appears as if none of the harmony patches of CNP are applied, as every single basic feature of CNP appears to be broken.

3.3.0 released
https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/tags/v3.3.0
This adds the first iteration of a carry feature. This is still a rough implementation, but the intent is that this feature will allow players more tactical options when it comes to dealing with baby pawns who have difficulty moving quickly.
As it is now, a drafted pawn may pick up and carry an undrafted toddler/baby, suffering a 50% manipulation penalty as a result. While carrying the baby, the baby will not be able to move about on their own, and will essentially be glued to the adult. The baby will be occupied with a "Carried" job, so I believe that they cannot interrupt this with other jobs - might be wrong there though.
If either pawn is downed or killed, if the adult is undrafted, or if the child is drafted, the carry relationship will end and the baby will be dropped.

In its current form, the only use cases for this feature are more or less manually rescuing or evacuating babies. In the future, this may be updated such that an adult pawn will automatically pick up and carry a baby under certain scenarios. Feedback is requested for this, as I currently haven't identified any worthwhile use cases.
In order to automate carrying, we must define when a pawn should carry a baby, when they should stop carrying, and where they should set down the baby. In most cases I can think of, we can handle the scenario without this feature - such as taking a child and leaving the map.
Automatically carrying a child when danger is nearby might be an option, but it will have to be carefully configured to avoid pathfinding costs or other taxing operations.

There is a new component with this version, but it should be added on load, so no save issues that I am aware of. As always, backup your save and be cautious.

sidfu

the issue might be cause we need a older version  of HAR. once we get ours updated ill report on if it works gain.

Chromia.

Hey there! So whenever my colonist tries to play with their baby, the job doesn't seem to be happening at all, and i checked my logs and see this error continuously. Do you know what may be causing it?

Gorilla started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. List: none curDriver=JobDriver_PlayWithBaby (toilIndex=3) curJob=(PlayWithBaby (Job_5230134) A=Thing_Human715452)
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

here's the full output log just in case
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/38d4bc2636d23ef27b34b58b66238862

Capitolio

First of all I want to thank you Tragix for the incredible job you're doing updating this mod, especially if you don't even play Rimworld anymore, it shows an incredible commitment to the project.

Also, I don't want to be a pain in the ass because I've mentioned this before.

I just wanted to know if there is a Facial Stuff fix on the horizon, otherwise I have to prepare to get rid of that mod. Human offspring is too important to me not to have it in the game.

Thanks again.

Fredini

The mod seems broken for me.

Nothing works properly, the additional body types do not function (instead I get pink squares), pregnancy and birth do not work either.

I did a clean install of the game as well as all my mods, and have done test runs in debug mode.

https://gist.github.com/73d852e2d700692716f685aada937913

Canute

Fredini,
you have serveral weired errors at the rimworld startup.
I suggest at first, that you delete these mods manual from the mods folder and reinstall them.
Be sure you use the right version of that mods.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Fredini on July 29, 2020, 11:53:02 PM
The mod seems broken for me.

Nothing works properly, the additional body types do not function (instead I get pink squares), pregnancy and birth do not work either.

I did a clean install of the game as well as all my mods, and have done test runs in debug mode.

https://gist.github.com/73d852e2d700692716f685aada937913

From the looks of it, you're using an updated version of Harmony? Would you also happen to be running the beta 1.2 build of the game as well? That could very well be a possibility why stuff just isn't working.

Fredini

Seems like I'm not the only one who has this issue.
It seems to be a bug where the mod can't find proper textures for children's bodies' clothes.
When a pawn is naked, it shows properly but when you add clothes to the mix, it bugs out and becomes a pink square.
As for versions, I am using the most recent version of Harmony and the latest build of the game.

GhostData

Quote from: Fredini on August 01, 2020, 01:20:15 PM
Seems like I'm not the only one who has this issue.
It seems to be a bug where the mod can't find proper textures for children's bodies' clothes.
When a pawn is naked, it shows properly but when you add clothes to the mix, it bugs out and becomes a pink square.
As for versions, I am using the most recent version of Harmony and the latest build of the game.
The issues you're seeing are probably due to patches either being broken or not being used at all. I've seen a case here and there where Harmony patches aren't applied.

For reference, I compile against
Rimworld 1.1.2654
Harmony 2.0.0.8
Hugslib 7.1.0

2Foldri

Is having O21 Races (and similar) not working a permanent (and known) issue for the foreseeable future? Is it something that just can't be fixed on CnP's end? I love O21 because it adds a lot more diversity to my game.

GhostData

Quote from: 2Foldri on August 04, 2020, 06:51:12 PM
Is having O21 Races (and similar) not working a permanent (and known) issue for the foreseeable future? Is it something that just can't be fixed on CnP's end? I love O21 because it adds a lot more diversity to my game.
No plans to support every race on my side. I am still loosely looking for a way to have native support without an explicit patch, but so far I haven't come up with a good solution.
The only sure fire way to get 100% scaling accuracy with body addons so far is to simply shrink adults down. When we shrink body addons down, they shrink relative to their original graphic, so with a custom head (or no head in toddler's case) additional offsets are required. These additional offsets vary per race, which is why we currently need a custom patch for each race.

I would suggest for interested mod authors to prepare their own patch for their races, but to probably wait until CNP has reached a higher level of maturity.

2Foldri

Quote from: Tragix on August 05, 2020, 11:08:17 AM
Quote from: 2Foldri on August 04, 2020, 06:51:12 PM
No plans to support every race on my side. I am still loosely looking for a way to have native support without an explicit patch, but so far I haven't come up with a good solution.
The only sure fire way to get 100% scaling accuracy with body addons so far is to simply shrink adults down. When we shrink body addons down, they shrink relative to their original graphic, so with a custom head (or no head in toddler's case) additional offsets are required. These additional offsets vary per race, which is why we currently need a custom patch for each race.

I would suggest for interested mod authors to prepare their own patch for their races, but to probably wait until CNP has reached a higher level of maturity.

Ahh well, I feel like from what I gathered the O21 mod author probably won't add support. At the very least they were (I think) VERY adamant against adding support for facial stuff in 1.0 (though to be fair facial stuff is kind of a disaster, so I've stopped using it anyways).