[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostData

Quote from: WalkingProblem on June 27, 2021, 10:31:56 AM
Hihi~

Quick question. Does this mod introduce pregnancy for humans only, or also for races from the alien humanoid framework?
Both. Alien races may have to be turned on in the settings if they don't have a settings file. Better support requires a custom made definition that tells cnp how to render the race.

v4.0.1 released - just a quick bug fix for playwithbaby work giver
https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/releases/v4.0.1

v4.0.2 released - Hotfix for alignment issue
https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/releases/v4.0.2

lexal4

obligatory "will-it-be-updated-to-1.3" post

GhostData

Quote from: lexal4 on July 15, 2021, 07:31:35 PM
obligatory "will-it-be-updated-to-1.3" post
Soon, maybe. I heard this update changes up rendering heavily and may not be done with development. I'll give it a bit to stabilize and then update my patches.

SVarenga

tragix, i don't know if this help you, but ludeon posted this https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/294100/view/5512953038607155444
it's about updating mods for 1.3

vandal

how stable is it now? i seem to recall c n p mod being a patchwork before

Hausi

I hope it will be updated to 1.3 soon! While you're at it updating the mod, can you also please fix Buildings_Crib.xml? The crib gets built instantly, because instead of <WorkToMake> Tag, it requires <WorkToBuild>. I usually adjust this by myself, but it could quickly be fixed for everyone else.

Natakate

Really looking forward to the update!

vandal

Maybe children can lower your colony wealth, with it increasing as they age to balance the temporary useless additions firepower wise? Not sure if thats possible.

I generally prefer letting them age naturally over using something that ages them artificially. Does anyone know of a mod that lets you put a faction base on 'freeze' (so that you dont have to play as it and be subjected to raids, upkeep etc but with time passage continuing? I say this so that I can play a secondary colony while the colony with kids just focuses on growing.

I believe Faction Control mod have something like this, and let you load the colony back when you wanted to play as them but unfortunately that didn't age them while they were unloaded. Also not sure if this is possible either

ChopChopMachine

Bug!
I updated my Rimworld game as well as getting Ideology and it, unfortunately, caused a bug in the game. Whenever I select a pawn and try and make them interact with another (i.e. trade, strip, rescue), the menu doesn't show up for those interaction options. I checked every other mod and it's only the Children and Pregnancy mod interacting with either the base game or possibly Ideology.
Mod list (not in exact order but what I'm using): Harmony, Core, Royalty, Ideology, Hugslib, Temp Edb Prepare carefully, bulk stonecutting, all the vanilla expansion packs for animals and plants, Hospitality, Realistic rooms rewritten, and ancient demolition.
Hopefully, this bug can be smashed pretty fast because I love this mod and it makes the whole game so much better.

Canute

ChopChopMachine,
sorry but the bug is at your side.
Where do you got a version of this mod that is made for 1.3 ?
The mod author didn't made one so far.
Don't use mods that arn't made for your current RW version.

GhostData

Quote from: ChopChopMachine on August 07, 2021, 07:42:06 PM
Bug!
I updated my Rimworld game as well as getting Ideology and it, unfortunately, caused a bug in the game. Whenever I select a pawn and try and make them interact with another (i.e. trade, strip, rescue), the menu doesn't show up for those interaction options. I checked every other mod and it's only the Children and Pregnancy mod interacting with either the base game or possibly Ideology.
Mod list (not in exact order but what I'm using): Harmony, Core, Royalty, Ideology, Hugslib, Temp Edb Prepare carefully, bulk stonecutting, all the vanilla expansion packs for animals and plants, Hospitality, Realistic rooms rewritten, and ancient demolition.
Hopefully, this bug can be smashed pretty fast because I love this mod and it makes the whole game so much better.

As Canute said, this mod isn't up to date for 1.3 yet. I am hoping to get to that within the next two weeks, as I am currently building a new rig for development and home use.

ChopChopMachine

I'm just using the 4.0.2 release. Just something that it seems the 1.3 update or Ideology may have caused since it's only happening when I have that mod enabled (regardless if I have others enabled as well).

ChopChopMachine

Quote from: Tragix on August 08, 2021, 08:00:24 PM

As Canute said, this mod isn't up to date for 1.3 yet. I am hoping to get to that within the next two weeks, as I am currently building a new rig for development and home use.

No worries. I was taking a chance playing with a version not made for 1.3 or Ideology. Remarkably that UI bug is the only issue I've run into, the core mechanics are working just fine which tells me this is a very well-made mod. Thank you for keeping it going for us!

GhostData

Still working on 1.3. Rendering changed quite a bit, so I have taken the opportunity to redo some of the rendering patches to be more consistent and utilize more vanilla code. Part of this will be ditching the old logic of hiding baby heads and using graphic overwrites for a single graphic - unless I get to that and realize it is impossibly complex. I will have to hack apart the baby graphics to separate the head from the body, which will probably add additional time as I know nothing about art or the programs used to deal with it. If anyone wants to contribute art expertise, feel free to reach out.
I have also started up a discord server to allow more direct communication with users. Future announcements will be cross posted there, but the ultimate source of truth for CNP will remain here.
https://discord.gg/qGAPs2fj7a

GhostData

V4.1.0 Released
https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/releases/v4.1.0
Updated patches for 1.3, HAR, and new compatibility with Rimworld ShowHair
As always, back up your saves before installing a new mod. Delete the entire mod folder when installing on top of an existing CNP install. This should technically be backwards compatible as the save format and general feature set has not changed, but I would not tempt fate. There are a ton of new graphics that are rendered as part of 1.3, and the rendering code increased in complexity significantly. Report any obvious rendering issues in the usual format and I will attempt to resolve them as soon as possible.
Known Bugs
- Newly generated pawns may be bald despite having hair assigned. This is an unidentified bug that does not seem to pertain to the actual rendering code but instead occurs with the presence of many Harmony patches. The graphics may be refreshed by saving and loading, entering the style menu, or whenever the cache refreshes on its own.
- Wound alignment may be whacky. Report with the pawn race and age, along with a screen shot of the problem if you find a bionic eye installed on a belly or something like that.