Using original txt files in string folder causing planet view bug

Started by Arczi008TV, March 23, 2020, 02:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arczi008TV

We can't use cyrylic special characters in everything that is relatet to planet view, because it causing errors.
-But chinese characters and symbols like this "•◘♦☺☻♥" working ok.

b606

I also have this weird bug.
In my case, translated NaturalObject->Words/Nouns/NaturalObject works fine. (No "natural_object_new->...")

But some random seed that is used to generate the world make the bug appear when using some seemingly innocuous rulestring. With other seeds the game just works fine.

I bet that most translations will have this problem one way or another. There is a need to know what are the limitations when translating (rule names ? rule numbers ? filenames ? where to use what ?)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=51260.msg474988#msg474988
b606

Make the French RimWorld Translation at maximum quality.
French Optimisation Mod

Arczi008TV

I think its caused by cyrylic special characters:
"%u0105" , "%u0119" (oh even in this forum that characters causing bug xd)

After translating "RulePacks_Namers_WorldFeatures.xml"

or if you put special characters in txt files in string folder, it cause that error.

No solution. Need wait for fix.

b606

The bug I had before the one I reported above was when I tried to use [BodyPart] instead of [Bodypart] in RulePacks_Namers_WorldFeatures.xml, with the file loaded as BodyPart->Words/Nouns/Bodyparts in RulePacks_Global.xml

The stupid solution that worked was to use [Bodypart_fr] in RulePacks_Namers_WorldFeatures.xml,
and in RulePacks_Global.xml, the <rulesFiles> Bodypart->Words/Nouns/Bodyparts, with an additional <rulesStrings> Bodypart_fr->[Bodypart]

That bug stayed there for three weeks before it was randomly triggered.
b606

French Optimisation Mod

Arczi008TV

If you create
<li>boDy_paRt->Words/Nouns/BodyPartFile</li> you have to use [boDy_paRt] because letter size matters.

b606

Yes indeed, I took care of the letter caps. Notice the english text uses [BodyPart] in RulePacks_Namers_WorldFeatures.xml and [Bodypart] in RulePacks_Global.xml.

Sure enough, your solution to use separate files and completely different rulename should help.
b606

French Optimisation Mod

Arczi008TV

So [Bodypart] its propably not working because of mistake.
And my solution is not working well too.  Because its about special characters, they are wont work on planet view. Even if you put them in custom txt file.