RimWorld (Content File Locked) Error

Started by ShadowMolasses, December 19, 2018, 01:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowMolasses

The game worked completely fine until 1.0 launched. it won't update and if I try to launch the game it gives me this error.

https://imgur.com/a/bzYZQZR

I've already tried the "netsh winsock reset" thing, tried a fresh install of the game. tried reinstalling steam, restarted numerous times. Nothing seems to work.

Canute

Since you use steam, just delete the Complete Core folder under Mods anyway.
Steam got a problem not to delete old version files anyway.
Then let Steam reinstall/repair.

If you can delete that file, the error show be solved then.

ShadowMolasses

Tried that out, it started repairing then stopped at 99% and gave me the same error. not sure if it matters but for tried deleting the Terrain_Water.xml file that the error designates just to see what would happen and it gave me this message.

https://imgur.com/a/Cqdmklr

Canute

At first your should run the volume diagnostic tool.
Right click at the Volume / harddisk, select properties.
Select tools, then the first to check for errors.
Let it run through.
Then try to delete the file again.

If you still can't delete the file, try to rename the previous folder name, just put a _ before.
But i am not sure if that is possible with the corrupt file inside.
So it is out of sight from steam/rimworld and wouldn't matter anymore.

ShadowMolasses

Yo! worked like a charm. Thanks a lot my dude, repaired drive deleted everything and reinstalled fresh. I'll keep that in mind for the future, much appreciated!

JAWESOME1

Hi, I have the same issue and tried what you suggested, strangely however I didn't see a "Complete Core" folder within the mod folder, so I deleted the whole mod folder and attempted again to update the game. this is regarding the recent 1.1 update. I believe I caused myself to get into this situation because I attempted previously to enable my mod manager without enabling the harmony mod first.

As mentioned the file deletion did nothing, Steam wants to update the game, but won't because "content file locked"

is there another solution?

Canute

The game files moved from Mods to Data folder at 1.1 release, thats why you didn't found Core at Mods anymore.

Or just delete the complete rimworld installation manualy. Rimworld isn't that big so the redownload wouldn't take that long.