(1.1.2579) Unable to generate a new world [RESOLVED]

Started by Tiberiumkyle, March 25, 2020, 09:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiberiumkyle

Just sorted out my old 1.0 modlist getting it updated for 1.1, cutting it down a fair bit in the process, but what I have now appears to have something that isn't playing nice, haven't been able to find the culprit yet.

New world generation gets as far as taking a minute to process, then aborts.

I have so far tried running this mod list with small groups of possible culprit mods removed, but with the size of the list, I've only put a dent in it after several hours. If anyone can take a look at the log and the list and have a better idea, even narrowing things down, that'd be amazing.

Edit: Clarified that this is meant for 1.1, and yes I know there are a bunch of other errors showing in the log. I'm used to running sizable modlists that do that and still run fine in game. Trying to track down what's preventing world gen from working.

Canute

Hi,
you know you using Rimworld 1.1 and you need to use 1.1 mods ? Old 1.0 only mods don't work anymore.
At last one mod use ModCheck with isn't updated to 1.1 yet.

And before you start a new colony you should check the logwindow if you got error's after Rimworld startup.

Deactivate mods or rebuild your modlist so that you don't have error's anymore.
When a mod cause error's report that to the mod author.

Tiberiumkyle

Yes, I checked everthing for 1.1 compatibility. Those few that aren't specifically updated for it were showing multiple reports of still working. I've tried running without them, too, and that didn't resolve the issue I'm actually concerned with. I'm long accustomed to having errors galore showing in the log, as long as things actually work in game I don't care. This was the case for my 1.0 mod setup.

Tiberiumkyle

Issue found. This mod isn't playing nice with anything, it seems. Beautiful Water https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1561769193

Prison Labor mod also having some fairly serious issues so dropped that for now. Nice to have but not critical.