Improvement: Swap Groundpenetrating Scanner & Deep Drilling

Started by Syrchalis, March 23, 2020, 06:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

Very simple change that seems like it's an artifact from earlier versions. Before 1.1 it made sense getting Deep Drilling first, because you could try to guess where the deposits are. Now it would make much more sense to get the scanner first, so you can start scanning before you can drill for the resources, because it's an active process now.

Thus I propose that the research gets swapped and you need Multianalyzer only for Ground-penetrating Scanner and the latter for Deep Drilling.

I did swap them for myself via a patch operation, but I don't really see a reason for them to not be swapped in vanilla too.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

ShadowKatt

Or just combine them into one research and combine the research cost. Can't really use one without the other anyway, no reason to research them seperately.

Unless you are just THE most desperate person on the planet and spend your time drilling for stone and want drills without the scanner.

LWM

5thHorseman

Both have a use without the other.

Just put them in the same tier so the player can choose the order.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

ShadowKatt

Quote from: 5thHorseman on March 23, 2020, 10:10:29 PM
Both have a use without the other.

Just put them in the same tier so the player can choose the order.

What use does the scanner have without drills? Sure you can scan, but without drills you can do nothing with it.

LWM

prototype2001

Should I have been taking notes?

https://imgur.com/a/kHMh4g4

I'd like color coded minerals instead of green for everything.

And the patches in the pictures are the ones I focus on first since its closer to haul, the other 80% of the map is more of a mess.

I plan plasteel but thats not really a solution to this problem.