Less suicidal colonists

Started by Lerxst, March 25, 2020, 03:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lerxst

It's hard for me to keep track of the mods available out there. Would anyone know if there is one that makes the colonists less... stupid, in terms of their own survival? One that makes them behave in a way where they actually value their own lives and think/plan ahead before committing to an act? Eg: Someone gets shot in the head with 4 hours to live, but they decide that seeking medical attention is secondary to hauling that metal ore, despite their priorities being set first as "patient". Or, finding the most direct and fastest route to an area, or avoiding one  that is hazardous to their health, such as a super-heated room, while they repair a wall? Or knowing there are mechs in an area, but taking that one single route around the base that walks right by them, to reach the cargo pod?

I'd love to play in hardcore mode/not allow saving, but it's virtually impossible when my colonists act like absolute morons, oblivious to the fact that they will 100% die if they do a certain action.

ChirpScree

I have not encountered that one yet, I hope one of the mods get to see this one.

HomelessAbe

Any good recommendations for ones to handle burning colonists? Mainly with their decision making process when on fire. I swear anytime someone takes a hit from an incendiary weapon, their only thought becomes "How fast can I run straight towards all the people shooting at me?" I understand someone on fire isn't exactly in the best position to think clearly, but I could live off gambling winnings from placing bets on them running AT the enemies as opposed to literally any other direction.

Prologue

Run and hide - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2022480344

Should do exactly that, though it;s been a while since I've actually played, so not sure how well it works with fire.