[1.1.2579] Hives reproducing in undiscovered area/ancient danger.

Started by kozmotis, March 25, 2020, 01:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kozmotis

Not sure if this is a bug (hah, pun) or not. Should hives be able to reproduce in undiscovered areas?

Detailed circumstances: Mountain base, early in the game I was mining steel and hit a wall, got the red 'Ancient danger' message ("Colonist X feels wave of foreboding or whatever"). I left it alone. Now, 3 years in (at least 2 years after I got the ancient danger message), I suddenly got a upper-left-hand corner notification thing (not a official envelope message, but like one of those 'Predator is hunting animal X' or 'Visitors are leaving bc it's too cold' things) saying 'A bug hive has reproduced itself'. Clicking on it centered me straight over the middle of undiscovered rock, but next to the exposed wall.

So are bug hives supposed to just reproduce (in an unlimited fashion?) even when the area is undiscovered? (I guess that's sort of realistic, but unfortunate. Especially if it's been doing that for the last 2-3 years and I just haven't noticed...)
Also, sort of unrelated, but it's currently -35F outside, shouldn't any bugs be slowed down or not reproducing? I don't know the exact temps, but the last time I dealt with hives (admittedly a few versions ago), I thought they were downed around -20F-ish.

ison

I think hives shouldn't reproduce in undiscovered areas.

Assigned, thanks.

Nowhere

Were there any mech clusters nearby this ancient danger previously? I think i have an idea how that would happen.

Nowhere

Pushed a potential fix for the next build. Although your existing hives will remain awoken, unfortunately.