Empire reinforcments have janky AI [1.1.2579]

Started by MoronicCinamun, March 26, 2020, 12:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoronicCinamun

(Bad picture for reference)
I'm afraid I can't provide a save as I'm on hardcore mode and this happened awhile ago. It might not actually be a bug per se, but I think so (tl;dr ignoring getting shot)
For context:
I called down a trooper squad because I have lots of mechanoid turrets lingering around from multiple clusters. As expected, the Troopers start to beeline to the turret zone, take cover, start shooting and getting shot at. There were 2 turrets in their range: an inferno cannon, and a heavy charge blaster, as well as numerous (I think 3) mini-sluggers further away.

The troopers do a great job taking out the Inferno. Then they stop shooting, most just start tending their wounds on the spot, still getting shot at by the blaster and sluggers. When they stopped tending their wounds they just stood there, not shooting, until half their numbers were wiped and they fled. There were 4 to start with, 1 went down when dealing with the inferno.

Something clearly seems wrong here. I have some mods but I don't think they'd interfere, mostly UI stuff.