[1.1.2585b Royalty] Narrow corridor in Area borked pathing

Started by hechicera, March 26, 2020, 10:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hechicera

I am unsure what steps bugged it, and since I play Commitment I no longer have a save with it borked. Also, a combo of remaking the area (same shape) and reloading game fixed the pathing issue.

Make a zone with this type of shape:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IEqiPwioiDWQ-Say2Bbu6JeYDoQ2R627

Restrict animals to it, esp. ones that need to graze. After some time some will starve and you'll notice they are only wandering in the small end and no longer pathing through the corridor part of area to the outside areas. I think some were sleeping outside too (animal beds were inside) but they weren't starving. Game was running several hours before it started. Construction was done in building area, but path was not blocked (no doors forbidden, etc) when I noticed the bug. Was in a bigger game than the one shown to make a sample shaped area, so also I had maybe 50+ animals in that game (bird spam) most not in affected zone. So my first guess maybe performance tuning pruning on pathing? But maybe contructing/deleting in area caused a viable open path after construction finished to not be detected?

No errors in logfile.

I suspect this may be hard to reproduce, but want to mention it shows again.