Succession Game Thread V1.1 � IN PROGRESS - Chapter 3: Potato Vodka

Started by theapolaustic1, August 01, 2014, 04:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

OOC: Sorry again for the length of time it took to get this up, Just back from holiday and will edit it a little more tomorrow after work! (Add pictures and such)

Poke poke, stab stab.

milon

I'm glad you've got pictures to add!  :D
And that was a nice touch with the tribals attacking because of the raiders.  Wonder how that will develop...

Lazarus

I do apologize... been so busy with work I haven't had time to sort out those pictures...

I have sent Ender the file but I guess hes busy!  :o
Poke poke, stab stab.

theapolaustic1

Sorry for lack of activity lately. Busy like a bumblebee or whatever. For those who were worried, the medical thing wasn't anything too troublesome.

I think I might have to bow out of the rotation for a bit, I'm clearly not paying attention to this as much as I should be. I'm not sure if there's a way to make the OP editable by others (maybe Ty can do it somehow if someone PMs him? No idea), but if someone PMs me their google account thing, I can add them as an editor for the schedule sheet and hand the reigns over. Milon or Rahj would prolly be the best option for someone to take over, if either of you are up for it?

milon

I'm busy enough with IRL stuff that I'd rather not take on more responsibilities just now.  I really hope Rahj can, though.

Rahjital

I'm currently back to college fairly far from home and with spotty internet connection, so I will be here mostly on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I can still try to take it up if nobody else wants to, though.

What do you people think we should do once Alpha 7 comes out? Do we switch immediately? Do we ramp up the difficulty? Or do we simply let the colony live on Alpha 6?

tommonius

phew I am now up to date, was a great read and loved the progress of the colony.. except at times the colony was teetering on the knife edge of destruction but damn if I was not hooked reading through it all  ;D When does the next alpha come out and is this playthrough going to be abandoned and a new one made or is it going to be god modded into the new alpha so the story continues?

milon

The next alpha is already out.  We're waiting on photos from Lazarus (poke, poke!) and it's currently Ender's turn.  The community hasn't decided whether to proceed with Alpha 6, or to jump to Alpha 7 and try to remake the colony there, or to simply abandon this one.  It looks like people IRL (myself included) are quite busy right now.

Lazarus

I do apologise, I have been busy with work and life seems to get in the way let alone trying to log on here was a pain something about "You've been banned till 12th October" not sure why.

Will get those photos up as soon as I can.

I don't think it would be bad idea to try to play this with Alpha 6 and let it come to an "End" as it were then move it over to Alpha 7!
Poke poke, stab stab.

milon

I agree with Lazarus.  I recognize I may be biased (since I've already had my turn), but I'd like to see it "end" before jumping to Alpha 7.

Lazarus

It is a shame though, since the colony is going great... (In my opinion anyway.. :P)
Poke poke, stab stab.

Rahjital

I agree that having a conclusion to the story would the the best. Playing it like wedid before could take way too long, though, the colony could still live for years. Should we should crank up the difficulty to 160% and go out the dwarven way?

milon

I'm good with that.  And I hope it's not too soon to say this, but I've got an idea for how a future succession game could move along much faster.

Untrustedlife

Hey Guys! , so, i see the story hasn't progressed much.

switching to alpha 7?
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK