[Request] Enhanced Faction Relations!

Started by Quasarrgames, August 01, 2014, 05:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasarrgames

right now the faction system just seems kind of empty to me. All it is is bribing and permanently tarnishing your reputation if you make one small mistake, or even sneeze while firing a gun.

This is what i think the relations system should have:

Trading: If a colony is ambivalent of your existence, they will trade with you, just like trade ships. Maybe it will even improve their opinions of you if you give them good deals.
Ways to mend fences: Perhaps some kind of "you-killed-a-lot-of-our-sworn-enemies-so-i-guess-we're-on-the-same-side" thing, or just bribe them to improve relations. Maybe if you call a hostile faction, there's a 5% chance that they'll let your puny colony get down on their knees and beg for forgiveness for your crimes.
Fear and Reputation: Maybe if your colony gets strong enough, some factions won't want to be your enemy and will forgive some of the little things*
MOARR bribery!!: You can pay raiders a weekly or monthly fee for protection**

Could somebody PLEASE make (if they haven't already) ? I will help if somebody does decide to take up this opportunity. :)

*kidnapping a few guys or shooting passers by for example
**not raiding you with 10^infinity guys every saturday

On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

RawCode

you can at least try coding what you described in this thread.

1) trading - possible with few not very dirty hacks
2) again possible
3) also possible
4) still possible

taba

yo I like your idea and I was thinking about being able to do more with fractions too I think I would really like that in game or as a mod too, good idea yo