Override Mods folder location?

Started by Abbanon, March 26, 2020, 08:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbanon

So I know it's established that you can override the location of saves, but what about the location of mods?
I'm essentially wanting my Steam build to be able to still read from "steamapps\workshop\content\294100" when I'm running it in non-Steam/offline mode (AKA: Directly running the RimWorld.exe outside of Steam)
It would save me a lot of hassle, because right now I have to manually copy each mod I download (or update) from the workshop over into the \Mods directory, basically duplicating the mod folders and eating up unnecessary storage space.

Would this be a possibility?

"Time to face the music. What song drives you?"

Canute

There is no commandline parameter for changing the mods-folder.
But the game looks for Data/_Data/Mods at the place where you start Rimworld.exe
So you just could copy the whole Rimworld installation, for a different Mods set, and i suggest to use the commandline to change the saved games to that folder too.

But that methode would eat more disk space then the few extra mod folder at the steam. Most mods use less space then a mp3 file is big.
If you are low on diskspace, i would suggest to install Rimworld on an external USB3 drive.

Abbanon

QuoteThere is no commandline parameter for changing the mods-folder.
That's a shame. Hopefully it can be planned for future builds.
Thank you for the answer!
"Time to face the music. What song drives you?"