Rimworld and custom resolutions

Started by Nietzsche, March 29, 2020, 05:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nietzsche

Hi guys,

I searched all over and I could not find any working solution. I picked up a Matebook Pro X a while ago and I want to also use it to play some games. While Rimworld in principal runs fine on the system I have the problem, that the game does not support the native resolution of 3000x2000 pixels. It just picks the highest available resolution and goes with that, which results in an distorted view of the game. Unfortunately there are no lower resolutions like 1500x1000, which would allow me to play the game in a not distorted way.

Does anyone know how to force the game into a custom resolution? I am using Arch Linux on the previously mentioned Matebook Pro X.

Thank you very much

Ark

I guess you're playing fullscreen because you say it is distorted.
I use Linux Mint 19.3 Xfce and RimWorld 1.1.2579 in windowed mode.
I just grab the window border and stretch the resolution to whatever I want. I just tried and made it 5198x2549, which is much larger than my monitor resolution. It still runs fine.
Have you tried editing the Prefs.xml to change the resolution? Does it work in windowed mode for you?

Nietzsche

Hi,

reading your message I gave the Pref.xml solution one more try. I tried this before and it didn't work back then. Now for some reason it worked. Even when activating the full screen. Thank you very much.