Blog post: Update 1.1.2589 adds shuttle pads and more

Started by Tynan, March 29, 2020, 06:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carbon

Quote from: LakeWobegon
Unless I am missing something charge lances range went from 37 to 30 and its long range accuracy dropped by 5%.

Charge lance range got nerfed when 1.1 first came out. You've just never noticed the change until now, apparently.

----

Quote from: LakeWobegonNo that is the way you want us to play [mech clusters]

Tynan and company have been pretty transparent from the very beginning that the mech clusters are intended to make the player play more offensively.

Quote from: https://rimworldgame.com/royalty/Mech clusters always appear in an initially dormant state. The player can take the time to decide and execute a plan of attack. This puts the player on the offensive, which contrasts with the defense-oriented fights in the base game.

You won't ever see defense-oriented mech clusters, because the day 1 advertising for them explicitly states they aren't supposed to be defense-oriented. Forcing you to go out and engage them with your troops is the role they play in the game. That's why they exist.

If you really don't like them, you can turn them off in the scenario editor, but it's incredibly unlikely you'll ever see them become defense-friendly.

Canute

And if you don't like that way, there are mod that give you more accurate mortars or other long range weapons i think RimAtomics got some.

harpo99999

Canute

Send an email at the support angel Michael [email protected], so he can reset it.

RicRider

Quote from: Tynan on March 31, 2020, 11:26:13 AM
Well they still get the same moods as before; it was just really spammy to see duplicated red mood bubbles on all of them over and over whenever any one died. It's just a little visual change, I hope stories won't be affected.

I didn't want to come back to this topic but couldn't help but think of it as I was watching a YouTuber clean up a battlefield. In this segment you can see that he notices the raider bleeding out as soon as the red mood bubble appears. I imagine not many players will play RimWorld with that many bodies to clean up so it's still not important but still interesting to me at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL8vptMZA0k&list=PLHqSuWJSw8SCUaprcaXbtw31Am3ZNfsOz&index=91
##Coding Scrub##