Does it have to be bad weather everytime there's a caravan event?

Started by Ukas, March 30, 2020, 08:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukas

Everytime my caravans hit a pirate outpost, or rescue a prisoner, or get interrupted by lonely pirate with a poor knive and a wooden foot, or single snow hares there is thunder and rain, or hard snow if it's winter. 90% chance of bad weather. If the caravan stays in a captured outpost for a day or two, chances are there will be more than one bad weather event.

I think this started already with 1.0 if not earlier, and tbh it's getting a bit boring now really. If there'd be nice weather at least sometimes, it would make the bad weather more interesting.

RicRider

I don't think it's completely random. I have no idea about the code and haven't looked at it but my guess is that it depends on where you are on the planet and the climate. I've played so many games I can tell you that not all boreal forests are the same, for example. Some of them are really warm and dry and there's dry thunderstorms a lot, even in the winter. Some of them are wet and cold and it's raining for 30 days a year. I really think this depends on the climate and I think the game is simulating that somehow.
##Coding Scrub##