Roguelike + territory conquest

Started by igwadaa, March 30, 2020, 10:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

igwadaa

I follow this game for 4 years now, and even if didn't play it a lot i really enjoy watching youtubers playing it. But for me to enjoy this game and wanting to be a good base architect and land leader, i'd really need a huge, slow and untamable world. But right now i fear that after few hundred hours played and work to master the game mechanics i'll be bored of this gorgeous game and so i really rarely play it to preserve the enjoyment of it.
So i had few ideas that could really flip the coin for players like me :
- experience points that you got after the end of each game, that you can distribute to improve the genetic of your base crew, and even quality-of-life features so you learn the game little by little and you don't feel lost
- really slowing the pace of the game, so you can't build a huge base in 2 weeks with 3 people (maybe with super-duper genetically improved space troopers yeah)
- a multi-map management system where you can manage your territories to produce more energy, or more minerals, or more factories to construct weapons, building pieces, high tech things... depending of what has the map to offer
- really random events, so if you are lucky you don't get raid by very powerful animals the 3rd day because you are in a very, very hostile environment. But because you get experience you don't really mind dying again and again and eventually break trough and get a lot of xp and make what will feel a "big" step in your gameplay so the game feel fresh again.
- no mercy raiders, so if you capture scoots you'd better run in another map with your crew because there are a 75% chance or such that you get powned by an angry army of weird alien people that don't want YOU the actual aliens to invade their planet/continent/territory/little camp depending of the luck you are and the political and technological advance in this planet, because you are not supposed to know anything about what are the planet you just emergency land on, and so for me you shouldn't even be able to chose the map you spawn in
- not forced to even have intelligent life on the planet but you'll have people running out of your colony anyway because everybody can't like your political values or the people they live with, and so will create camps somewhere else and maybe talk about your secrets to other intelligent life forms that torture them, so they know the breaches in your walls for example of that your walls are made of hay or wood (what a stupid idea right), or that you are in a food crisis... so they come by few days later with a solid attack plan