[1.1] Cannibals dont wear human leather apparel

Started by Vellelith, March 31, 2020, 01:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vellelith

Hello! So with the 1.1 update, i did something i wanted to try for a long time. A all cannibals tribal modded play-through. As i researched clothing and started crafting my first human leather pieces to give my colonists some mood buffs, i noticed that they would only wear clothes i looted, not the crafted ones. So i put them all on nudist preset, sold all the no-human leather clothes i could, and then disallowed everything else. Now my colonists had only the option to wear human leather stuff after putting them back to normal Anything preset. But they did not, they preferred to all stay naked. At first , i thought it was a mod causing this, but after looking around, i could replicate it in core not-modded game too. Here is what i tried :

- Downgraded game to 1.0, with only mod active "EdB Prepare Carefully" https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735106432

- Made a new colony with 5 cannibals(named C1 - C5) and 5 no-cannibals (named N1 - N5). The colonists had no other traits, and were all copies of each other, with only difference the cannibal trait of course. I also gave them some food and 10 full sets of all normal quality human leather clothes.

- I disabled the mod, and loaded the game vanilla , loaded the world and saved again. Don't know if that helps with anything, but i wanted to be sure its a vanilla save.

- Put everyone on Nudist preset, and tidied them up for testing. This is our starting positions.

- Saved again and then i tested what they would do when i put them to Anything preset, both on 1.0 and 1.1 :

[1.0]

As expected, cannibals wore the clothes, while no-cannibals didn't.

[1.1]

Even after waiting for a whole in-game day, with them having nothing to do other than wander around, they all stay naked, even the cannibals, refusing to wear the clothes they should.

Unless something changed and i missed it in the change log, this looks like a bug to me. Correct me if I'm wrong please. I attached my test save. File size was too big, so i uploaded it here : https://www82.zippyshare.com/v/pnQ5f6hP/file.html

Thanks for the amazing game :)

Vellelith

did this get looked at, at all ? is it working like that now, or its a bug ? im very curious... makes forcing everyone to wear them a bit of a chore to be honest...

enceos

I was also surprised that my cannibal didn't have a preference for human leather apparel, I had to force him to wear it every time.

ison

I think it's a bug, we'll have to look into this, thanks! The behavior should be the same as in 1.0

Nowhere

Fixed for the next build, thanks for reporting! :)