Colonist stopped making clothes and wont cook?

Started by Tonyg3d, April 06, 2020, 08:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyg3d

Hey All,

Noob player here, i've searched for a solution to my issue but tried everything with no success.

I've tried applying manual priority to one or more people to cook and they simply refuse to use the cooker. I've an electric cooker (powered) and a wood stove (I tried both). No one will go near the cooker.
I set one colonist to make some clothes with bills, she got half way through and stopped. Maybe I don't have enough leather left?
But the cooking thing has me stumped. Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Running on Windows10. Rimworld v 1.1.2589 (64-bit). Vanilla - No mods.

Thanks!

fritzgryphon

I would check
-Does the electric stove have power
-Does the fueled stove have wood
-Is the person doing the cooking assigned to a zone that contains the raw food
-Do the meal bills accept the meat or potatoes
-Does the cook have other work that is a higher priority (is he growing instead of cooking)

As for stopping a tailoring job halfway, this is normal if the colonist wants to do something else, like recreation or eating.  Also if a higher priority job becomes available.  They will finish the clothes later, or you can force the tailor to work at the bench by selecting her and right clicking on the bench.

Canute

The tailor only need the leather at the beginning of the project, after that he will just work on it and don't need further resources.
What message show up, when you select a pawn and try to force him to work on a workbench (stove or tailor).
Maybe upload your safegame somewhere and post the download link.
It is hard to tell from the distance.

Tonyg3d

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions but i'm still stumped with the cooking thing. As I said, I'm a real noob to this game but I want to learn. I've attached the save game file. Maybe someone could take a look and tell my dumb a*s what the heck i'm doing wrong? Thanks!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqbcJh5g-Z_Tu272IeEuh0SoDo63?e=f4zYts

Canute

The fueled stove don't have a bill. You need to add one.
The electic stove has no power, the power grid is interrupted at the cooler.
You need to build a power conduit at the cooler too. Then the electic stove works too.

Hint: remove the rotting flag from your freezer stockpile, and create somewhere else a stockpile just for rotten stuff. A rotting corpse shouldn't be at the freezer ! :-)

Tonyg3d

One problem I did have was trying to see if my cooker and lights had power running to them correctly. Aside from trying to understand the info panel of each object, is there an easy way to check that power is being circuited correctly?

Thanks so much for taking the time to check the save game and for all advice.

Stay well and safe everyone!

Canute

Quoteis there an easy way to check that power is being circuited correctly?
Just try to build anything from the power menu, then you get an overview of the powergrid.
Then you notice pretty fast that the grid is interrupted at the cooler.

fritzgryphon

And any device without power (or switched off) will have the little lightning bolt icon over it.