Autosaves reverted back a day?

Started by TomTomTomTom, April 01, 2020, 03:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomTomTomTom

Hi howdy
I've been playing heavily due to the global pandemic and tonight I found that my save game has lost the last 24 hours of progress for some reason. I saved my game as usual and when I booted it back up some hours later everything had reverted to the point it was at last night. I lost a tremendous amount of progress on my colony and I have no idea where the files are or what happened. I didn't get any error messages at all when I booted my game back up.
Hopefully that's a useful description of the problem,thanks for any consideration

Canute

Autosaves and regular safes are both at the same folder.
On default the game create each ingame day an safe (Autosave-1 to 5).

Does the volume the safegames are (mosttimes C:) is maybe full. Or does the location got a restriction (Write protect). So Rimworld failed to safe ?

TomTomTomTom

I checked the save folder and all 5 autosaves are all dialed back to last night. The interval is set to save twice per in game day. I'm sorry I don't think I understand but I don't think my location has a restriction (?). I know that there have been autosaves since last night since I'm out of a job and this is pretty much all I do all day lol

Canute

Just try to create a new safe, if that works there shouldn't be a restriction.
But then i don't have any idea, what happen.

Ark

Sounds like you were screwed by the steam cloud sync. I know this is a bit late, but this may or may not help.
https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage
Also always make a separate save when you stop playing.