[1.1.2589] - No recreational activities done by pawns

Started by Sir_Sanctumonious, April 02, 2020, 12:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir_Sanctumonious

Now, there is a substantial possibility that I'm overlooking something extremely obvious here and that what I'm describing is a gameplay feature. I'm fairly new to the game, so if this is all a mistake on my part I apologize for wasting bug checkers' time.

Circumstances - This has occurred on two separate saves that I have created thus far. In both, the problem only arose after an in-game day or two. Afterward, pawns would simply stop doing anything recreational, whether it be playing horseshoes or even going for a walk. This problem persisted despite my checking restrictions and schedules multiple times, and so on. Assigning all of my colonists to recreation for their entire schedule either prompted them to wander aimlessly or simply continue work as if nothing was specified. The only mod I have installed is EDB prepare carefully (Which I don't even use). Being relatively new to the game, I have no saves to fall back on (All of mine have been permadeath, all of which have died (Hey, the game's tricky, alright?)) to test. Both of the saves were brand new, and I made the second after the problems arose in my first one in hopes of fixing the issue.

What happened - Pretty self-explanatory. All pawns of mine don't engage in recreational activities after a few days. It's extremely frustrating, as they all eventually get a -20 mood penalty despite the overabundance of recreation I set up for them (6 different types with very low expectations is, I believe double of what's required). I spend a good amount of time generating worlds and finding spots that I like, and it's very frustrating to spend an hour or so finding a cool place, then another half hour in-game only to realize that the save unplayable due to the massive mood penalty.

What I expected to happen - As above.

Steps to follow - I honestly have no idea. I've tweaked absolutely no settings in-game, the colonists' needs, restrictions, etc. are the same as default, and so on. I haven't installed any mods recently, and the only change I've made to the game is installing the 1.1.2589 update (which leads me to the conclusion that, as the problem started after I updated, it is probably the issue). I'm honestly at a loss here on how to replicate it, but hopefully, the savegame below is enough.

This is the .rws file for the game.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KOS7iELliidNtwNwngkE4xFeoV70__oW/view?usp=sharing

What I presume to be the log is attached below.

Ark

Available recreation types: solitary, social, horseshoe pin.
You have one horseshoe pin, and they are bored of that.
You have no tables+chairs or campfires to do social interaction.
Build a campfire, table+chair or chesstable+chair and they beeline for it.
Billiards table is same type as horseshoe pin (dexterity play) so they are bored of it, too.

There is something fishy going on, though. Tried the save on 1.1.2589, no mods or Royalty.
-If you set the colonists to recreation at all hours, eventually the first wakes up, eats and does a little bit of solitary relaxation, then goes to work. The two others wake up, eat and go work their asses off at 0% joy untill the sunset, then they go watch it.
-If you set the colonists to recreation at all hours, and wake them up by drafting, they go have solitary relaxation till they are fully satisfied.
-If you set the colonists to recreation at all hours, advance time by fast ecology and single-tick stepping to 20h, and let the colonists wake up on their own, they will all eat and do solitary relaxation (stargazing) till they get bored of it.
-If you set the colonists to recreation at all hours, advance time by fast ecology and single-tick stepping to 10h, even the first pawn to wake up skips joy and goes straight to work till 21h, then goes stargazing.
-If you reset the pawns' Need_Joy tolerances and leave everything as-is, they will go play horseshoes or cloudwatching or for a walk if time of day is before 10h. During 10h something changes, and they will never do solitary relaxation during 11h - 20h, but will play horseshoes. The weather remains clear. During 21h stargazing and going for a walk become possible again.

For some reason they don't do solitary relaxation during daytime.

Also social interaction is listed as an available recreation type when it isn't really available.

Sir_Sanctumonious

Interesting! I'll build some chairs and see if it helps, I had no idea they were required for social recreation. Other than that, though, I agree that there's something fishy going on (though I wasn't exactly sure what it was until now). Thanks for checking it out!