Monuments are too big and impossible to complete on mountain maps

Started by jmeyer73, April 02, 2020, 08:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmeyer73

A quest told me to build a 62x21 monument, but I can't build it anywhere. I'm on a mountain map so there isn't enough space. I can't dig out the mountain because then the roof will collapse and building pillars to support it doesn't work because it interferes with the monument. Even if i'm not an a mountain map this is ridiculous. 62x21 is absurdly massive, it says it will take me over 4000 materials to build this thing.

enceos

I think the game should check for the largest open area on the map and give monument building quests accordingly.

Canute

Or you just banish that arrogant royal, who want something you can't affort ! :-)

HomelessAbe

Quote from: Canute on April 03, 2020, 02:47:16 AM
Or you just banish that arrogant royal, who want something you can't affort ! :-)

It could be a faction though asking him to build it instead of a royal making a decree. Easier to ignore, but you miss out on some potentially good rewards in that case.

ison

Could you please upload your savefile? Monuments already check the biggest available space. We've changed it recently. So unless it's an old quest, there's something wrong.