World won't generate on my save game

Started by Khwarizmi, April 03, 2020, 10:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khwarizmi

I've been searching all over RimWorld about this bug but i can't seem to find it. I decided to make an account on Ludeon for help. My modded save is broken i don't know what caused it. Not only the latest one even the oldest one(Backup) of the save. If i load my world it only shows the icons of the factions. I can't move, press. Do i need to start fresh again?

The bug:
https://gyazo.com/97eddb2928164642ea26b528bcf05e89
Log files: https://gist.github.com/545c95c5b715c3689b0e70fb92b23238
Log files ingame: https://gist.github.com/1f7a8d62b42110212faa62c91672fe07

One more bug
Recently i can't create a New World, which i only can see the world and icons of the factions. After testing all mods, i found out that the problem was SRT mod.

Edit: Thanks to Canute for correcting me.
If there's any further information you need to help me with this, i'll do.

Update:
My save file http://www.mediafire.com/file/93mr4okxzg8dgdb/Autosave-4.rws/file
Attached logfile

Canute

QuoteFailed to find any textures at Things/Pawn/Animal/AA_ChameleonYak/AA_Dessicated_ChameleonYak while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Animal/AA_ChameleonYak/AA_Dessicated_ChameleonYak, color=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))
That's the only kind of error with the loaded safegame.
But unlike something changed, a missing texture just should result into these purple/red squares and not prevent the world creation.
Could you post the regular logfile, after you tried to open the worldmap ?
Maybe there is more info about it.
Since i don't know what OS you use, read
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0
to locate the logfile and attach it to your answer. You need to use Reply button first to see file attachment options.

- Hugslib, i would move it near the top, so all libaries are together. Not realy needed just cosmetic.
- Pickup&Haul, i would maybe use the official release
https://github.com/Mehni/PickUpAndHaul/releases

WetHead

(Fixed it by reordering my mod order and reloaded the 1.0 world with the new mod order. Saved it and the world map works.)
I also have the same problem as you with the hud on the world map not loading. I've tried to get the debug log through developer mode after accessing the world map but since there's no hud, I can't get it.

Also, this might have happened when I switched my 1.0 save to 1.1. In the 1.0 save, the world map worked and when I switched it to 1.1, it still did. Loading the now saved game of 1.1 later on, the problem arises stated above.

Canute

Yes, changing the release version on a modded game is a VERY bad idea.

Khwarizmi

Included my save for extra
Attached my regular logfile

Canute

The error is
QuoteRoot level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Planet.Settlement.get_Material () [0x00015] in <29684bdca4b441d38f64a3f064edc8ed>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldObject.get_ExpandingIconColor () [0x00000] in <29684bdca4b441d38f64a3f064edc8ed>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.ExpandableWorldObjectsUtility.ExpandableWorldObjectsOnGUI () [0x0007e] in <29684bdca4b441d38f64a3f064edc8ed>:0
  at RimWorld.WorldInterface.WorldInterfaceOnGUI () [0x00012] in <29684bdca4b441d38f64a3f064edc8ed>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00015] in <29684bdca4b441d38f64a3f064edc8ed>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x0003d] in <29684bdca4b441d38f64a3f064edc8ed>:0
The important part is
"at RimWorld.Planet.Settlement.get_Material "
so it is about a settlement, not many mods you use add or modify a settlement.

Maybe try to verify it.
If you got developer mod active, the top right icon offer the quickstart feature (from hugslib), shift click it to create pretty fast a test map with your current modlist.
Open the mod and check if you got the same problem.
In that case, disable mods and try it again.
I would start with Android Tier, then maybe Faction discovery, Real Ruins.

If you found the mod, don't forget to report it to the mod author only he can help you to fix the problem.
Because i strongly believe it is AndroudTiers, and you would like to play with them (like i would do when i got that mod active).

Khwarizmi

Edit: After readding the mod the error disappeared. Maybe of the RuntimeGC unofficial early i used in the game.
Or maybe it's just broken since i was adding mods that's compatible on an existing save game.
I can't seem to find the problem of what caused this.
I might as well try and play again fresh, and see if i encounter the same problem in the long run. Well if it does, i'll go a bit of vanilla just like how often you didn't used mods.

There is one more bug regarding to the royal update, the quest "While he/she clears the hive" after i finished dealing with the enemies it did not get the quest done. I used dev mod to debug it instantly finished. Because it was still there for years. It happened when i wasn't using any mods and when i was using mods.

Anyways, big thanks for your time and for helping me out! Godbless, stay safe. #covid19

(Before Edit)
So it's Android Tiers.
After i Quickstarted with my current modlist this error popped up. I can still generate world map on new game and saves with/without mods but on my current i can't. I thought it was Real Ruins since it's the newest mod i added that modifies settlements.

No shuffled Adulthood found for colonist of AndroidFriendliesAtlas. Choosing random.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnBioAndNameGenerator:DMD<DMD<FillBackstorySlotShuffled_Patch1>?-215085568::FillBackstorySlotShuffled_Patch1>(Pawn, BackstorySlot, Backstory&, Backstory, List`1, FactionDef)
RimWorld.PawnBioAndNameGenerator:GiveShuffledBioTo(Pawn, FactionDef, String, List`1)
RimWorld.PawnBioAndNameGenerator:DMD<DMD<GiveAppropriateBioAndNameTo_Patch1>?-310509696::GiveAppropriateBioAndNameTo_Patch1>(Pawn, String, FactionDef)
Verse.PawnGenerator:TryGenerateNewPawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest&, String&, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateNewPawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest)
Verse.PawnGenerator:DMD<DMD<GeneratePawn_Patch2>?-230337536::GeneratePawn_Patch2>(PawnGenerationRequest)
RimWorld.PawnRelationWorker_Sibling:GenerateParent(Pawn, Pawn, Gender, PawnGenerationRequest, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnRelationWorker_Sibling:CreateRelation(Pawn, Pawn, PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:DMD<DMD<GeneratePawnRelations_Patch1>?841564544::GeneratePawnRelations_Patch1>(Pawn, PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:TryGenerateNewPawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest&, String&, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateNewPawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal(PawnGenerationRequest)
Verse.PawnGenerator:DMD<DMD<GeneratePawn_Patch2>?-230337536::GeneratePawn_Patch2>(PawnGenerationRequest)
Verse.StartingPawnUtility:DMD<DMD<NewGeneratedStartingPawn_Patch3>?861035264::NewGeneratedStartingPawn_Patch3>()
RimWorld.ScenPart_ConfigPage_ConfigureStartingPawns:PostWorldGenerate()
RimWorld.Scenario:PostWorldGenerate()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateWorld(Single, String, OverallRainfall, OverallTemperature, OverallPopulation)
Verse.Root_Play:DMD<DMD<SetupForQuickTestPlay_Patch0>?1244140032::SetupForQuickTestPlay_Patch0>()
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__1_2()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()