ZOMG so many tribal raids - ...they hate starships?

Started by LWM, April 03, 2020, 01:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LWM

I started up the reactor - finally hoping for a 1.1 launch.  My base is semi-setup for dealing with mech raids, I'm ready for humans with rocket launchers, etc.

And I have gotten 4 raids - in the space of two days - from on single tribal faction.  Some of the people who barely made it off the map, bleeding badly, come right back in for a second try, once they get patched up. They are severely pushing my defenses...

They must REALLY hate starships or something.  This is not what I expected.

Onward!

--LWM

HomelessAbe

I noticed the same thing as far as people who just barely made it out coming back for more when you have a ship powering up, but it was only pirates since I'm allies with everyone else.

It does lead to some interesting questions though regarding their motivations as far as "backstory" goes. Is such advanced technology an affront to their beliefs? Is attempting to leave the planet also some sort of taboo for them? Do they also just want to try and escape?

fritzgryphon

You are the end boss and about to escape.  They gotta go all in.

ShadowKatt

I've seen the same thing. I didn't have tribals, but I was hosting the Stellarch and my base got 5 sapper raids in four days. After having every single wall in my base torn down, half my colony incapaciated in the broken hospital, when the last raid showed up I just quit. I wasn't going to watch that.

LWM

ASCENSION!

Oh wait, that's nethack.  ESCAPE!  Liftoff!  Etc!  No one left behind but the animals, and I'm okay with that :)

Your situation sounds like "Activate the Nuke, our time here is done."