Spotify integration mod: I can make it, but is there any demand...

Started by Epicguru, April 04, 2020, 08:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epicguru

Hey, I have the ability to create this mod but I don't know if there is any demand for it.

It's an idea that I've had for a while, basically it would be a mod that connects to your spotify account (probably would have to be premium but maybe not) and would play songs that fit the theme of the game, and possibly also change based on in-game events.

I have a personal playlist for when I play rimworld, it's mostly chill 'western' themed songs, mostly instrumental. When I play I feel like it complements the game rather than distract from it, and I think that other people could also enjoy it. My idea was that there would be an 'official' playlist with songs suggested by the community/myself, and then other users of the mod could also have their own playlists that others could rank.

The mod would have a simple non-intrusive pop-up in-game, such as displaying the name of the track that is playing or giving the option to skip it, or recommend it to other users. There would possibly be a browser that allows you to explore what other Rimworld players are listening to while they play.

So, any thoughts? Is it worth investing my time into? Something you would like to use?