Will help mod the game.

Started by klun222, April 04, 2020, 09:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klun222

Hey guys, Im bored AF during quarantine. Will help develop/ test a mod.

I can do xml editing (tho I dont know absolutely everything),
answer questions,
draw models using Paint Tool Sai 2,
test mods.

I have a couple of mods published on steam workshop (Late west, Russian weapons, ...) so I have experience.

Klun222.

Kelven

If you take mod requests, I'd absolutely love if you'd be able to do an "unofficial update" of the 1.0 Material Filter mod on Steam Workshop.

Being able to separate clothes based on material means I can safely have clothes I make to level up crafting and sell in my trade beacon stockpile, while keeping my GOOD devilstrand/hyperwave in a seperate stockpile for my colonists to use. As well as being able to make outfits that are ONLY certain materials.

LWM

What SORT of mod would you like to work on?

Furniture drawing?

klun222

Could try, say what you need me to draw. I did not try this yet, but from what I have seen from other mods I need to make 4 drawings (angles) of the same furniture and color them white? - so different materials (if its needed) would take its color.

klun222

Can code furniture too, its not hard.

Brimsky

Ive had an idea for a mod for a while, i have all of the mechanics and stuff worked out in my head i just cant code at all. If you're willing to take on a serious quarantine project i could hire some people to make some graphics. The mod is a Naruto mod, not sure if you're familiar with the show. But what i envision for this mod would be quite the project

Red_Orion

Quote from: Brimsky on April 08, 2020, 11:07:52 PM
Ive had an idea for a mod for a while, i have all of the mechanics and stuff worked out in my head i just cant code at all. If you're willing to take on a serious quarantine project i could hire some people to make some graphics. The mod is a Naruto mod, not sure if you're familiar with the show. But what i envision for this mod would be quite the project

You seen serious on this. Hmu on discord https://discord.gg/ZXMCeFv
We can get a team going on this Naruto Mod.

PeskyNgon

Quote from: klun222 on April 04, 2020, 09:08:37 AM
Hey guys, Im bored AF during quarantine. Will help develop/ test a mod.

I can do xml editing (tho I dont know absolutely everything),
answer questions,
draw models using Paint Tool Sai 2,
test mods.

I have a couple of mods published on steam workshop (Late west, Russian weapons, ...) so I have experience.

Klun222.

hi there, im new to modding and would be extremely grateful for your help with some dev tool/weapon stuff.
im trying to make thors hammer. i have got the texture, name, and melee characteristics working how i want. but there is one key thing i want to do: instead of shooting bullets at a target, i want it to cause an aimed lightning strike, exactly how it works in the dev menu, except the location of the strike is based on the pawn your colonist is aimed at, rather than the mouse cursor location. i have no idea how to find the code/XML thing that will let me see the dev tools that allow you to call in a strike(sorry, i have no clue about terminology). if i had that, i imagine it wouldnt be too hard to change the targeting to the coords the colonist is aiming at.

if you have some time free, i would really appreciate you giving me some advice on where to look or what to do.