Heatwaves never stop, even in the icesheet

Started by jessicainjapan, April 04, 2020, 02:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessicainjapan

Alright I'm frustrated with the game so I don't have the effort right now to include all the screen shots and video I've taken, which will not make it to my YouTube channel because of what has to be a bug.  I start the game, no matter the location, and on the second or third day heatwaves begin that defy all logic.  They end, then begin again within a matter of in game hours and the happen in every location regardless of the sense and have made it impossible to grow food, have anyone every outside of a frozen room and the heatwaves just keep happening.  I can't get anything built, I can't get any food grown or harvested since no one can outside.  I have the most recent version of the game and I've been playing it for like 5 years now, I know how to handle heatwaves, this is either a bug or your game is just plain broken.  I can't play it in this current state, it happens in any game I start and in any climate even the ice sheet.  Too hot inside {break then death}, death outside.  How to I just remove Heatwaves from the game entirely until such time as the game is playable again?  Oh and before somone asks about mods, I have none, never used any at any time on any video game.

Last note:  Don't bother, after another start in a frozen hell-scape that happened to also be 60c after a heatwave on the first day somehow, I'm done.  Getting a refund on Royalty and dropping the files on high seas.  Thanks for the years of fun but if I can't play the game anymore it isn't worth my time or money.  I'm old, I ain't get much life left and I'm sick.  Thought this would be some relief, turns out it was just more frustration and wasted time.  Have fun.  I won't see any replies so go ahead and waste your time, please.

Canute

jessicainjapan,
sorry but reports for old B19 version we don't take anymore.
Maybe read the sticky first before you try to post something.

jessicainjapan

Doesn't matter, got my refunds (both on the game itself and Royalty) and I've removed all Rimworld content from my channel.  No one watched Rimworld content anyway, preferred more horror related games, so no loss.  Well, good thing I'm jumping ship now, game seems to be falling apart from the list of bug reports on here.  Thanks for the profit on the refund by the way  :P.  Have Fun.

Tynan

Not sure what this is about or if it refers to the old beta 19 version as Canute said.

Anyway, I'm sorry you had trouble with it. What you're describing sounds absolutely bizarre and unlike anything I've ever seen and makes no sense at all. Honestly I'd have to think that your game files are/were corrupted somehow.

If you want help with it let me know, but if you're already checked out that's all there is to it I guess. Sorry it didn't work out better.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Canute

He didn't include any hint about the version he is using, so i just think he use a <insert a random version>.