Evil/Dark colony

Started by Natas_Blackmane, August 02, 2014, 10:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natas_Blackmane

Hey all I was thinking about this wile I was playing last night. What i would love to see in the game is the ability to build a more evil colony let me explain what i mean. Yes you would still build a colony but there would be changes like.

- You can eat the dead body's of people with out losing any mood (and some people would gain + mood)

- You can set up a room to plan raids. What would happen is you would pick some people from your colony. Then pick a close by colony your people would go off there and there would be a chance of some of them dying (or all of them). i=If they come back they come back with slaves (would could be used to work and build things or to sell to slavers or to fight in pits to put up your peoples moods). They also could bring back food and guns.

- The people who would normally attack you become the people who want to join you and the other way around. So you are attacked by other "good" colony's and people from the "bad" colony's want to join you. So you get people with the evil traits ect

- You could force people to join you and force people to work like if you have have a slave driver you could use them to make your non-slaves work faster (they would lose lots of mood).

and theirs lots of more things you could do with a "evil" colony that you could not do with a good one. Also i know that rimworld is meant to be a colony-sim not a war one ha ha but I still think if it was real life there is that chance that people would turn evil and a new cool story could grow from it. Any way just a thought.  ;D

Jane Doe Chainsaw

I like this idea a lot. A LOT a lot. So long as it isn't a choice you have to make, weather to be "good" or "evil". I like opening up different systems that would lend to more dynamic stories. Like if a colony just wants to be of a cannibalistic nature (Which I've wanted since we've had the option for cannibalism), not just a battle hardened goon squad of raiders, who just happen to eat human, i want that option.

I guess I just want to pick and choose the type of evil, or gray area, I want my colony to pursue.
-J.D.C.

EarthyTurtle

I use to do stuff like this back in the day when you could rule a colony entirely on fear. I'd hang my dead colonists in gibbet cages for everyone to watch, and learn that this is the price of failing. I'd also have a nice pile of reserve bodies out in the open which I'd use to stock up the cages I line along the walls of the base.

I'd have prisoners, just people I'd cycle through and beat occasionally. If I didn't have prisoners I'd just arrest one of my colonists and do the same thing. My favourite part was raids, I made sure ALL my colonists watched people die as rows of gun turrets cut down an enemy raid. Life was good back then :), no need for morals.

Somz

Usually people like to keep their sanity, chaos hardly increase survivability, but it'd be good as a mod in my opinion.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

BetaSpectre

Well for step one there's a canibal mod
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO