[1.0 (and later)] DesignatorDropdownGroupDef behavior changed

Started by Napoleonite, April 09, 2020, 05:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napoleonite

The DesignatorDropdownGroupDef shows some (the first one I believe) ingredient item in the dropdown menu instead of the icon of the building/tile/etc. itself. This wasn't always the case and this is not mentioned in any patch notes that I could find. There's no XML option to change this and using an "uiIcon" in the XML doesn't work either.

This also happens w/o any mods. When you try to place carpets. It just shows cloth-icons for every carpet instead of the different colors of carpets as it used to be in 1.0 and before.

Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine
1. Start any new game with Core + Royalty.
2. Enable godmode.
3. Open the 'carpet menu' for placing carpets and click on the button.
4. You should now see a list of ingredients instead of carpets.

For more info please also see: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=50699.0[/list]

Canute

QuoteThe DesignatorDropdownGroupDef since v1.1 shows some (the first one I believe)
No it got changed at 1.0

Quote4. You should now see a list of ingredients instead of carpets.
You know any carpet need the same ingredents, so you just would see 5 times 7 cloth ?

So please could you clarify where the bug is, anything is working like intended so far i can see.

Napoleonite

I'm afraid my English lacks at this point it seems.

Quote from: Canute on April 09, 2020, 08:18:24 AMYou know any carpet need the same ingredents, so you just would see 5 times 7 cloth ?
That IS the bug. But apparently this got changed at 1.0 (not 1.1). However, I can't find this in the patch notes for 1.0 either. Can you show me the patch notes that mention this change?

It makes absolutely no sense to me personally to show 5x cloth and XML-only mods now have no sensible way to group similar items anymore. Why not show the different carpets? Why not at least give an XML option to change these icons? It looks buggy to me.

If you got 20 mostly the same items, like 20 different types of iron chairs, you will see 20x an iron icon (instead of the different chair icons) because that's the ingredient. That looks completely stupid to me personally. Like here with my cameras:

^ that makes absolutely no sense to me. Same goes for the carpets w/o any mods imo.

Or this:

Tynan

It's not a bug, but it is something we can improve. Noted, and thanks for the report!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog