Manual event triggering

Started by Cheeso, November 05, 2013, 03:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeso

I'm not sure if it's been suggested before, it's 2am and this is my first post here on the forums.

I remember Stronghold 1's free build mode had a menu you could activate by pressing F1 where you could manually trigger positive and negative events. Granted it's a little like cheating, but say you're bored and have a squajillion turrets and everyone has railguns or whatever and you want to trigger a custom sized raider attack or something.

Basically my idea is just a hotkey menu you can enable/disable before starting a game that would have a list of all events that can happen

For Example: Call trade ship, call slave ship, call blah blah ship, call standardized raider raid (1, 3, 6 etc), call custom raider raid (more complex, customize number and weapon loadouts), trigger weather pattern, muffalo stampede, muffalo insanity, boomrat population explosion (pun intented), start a fire at random coordinates, trigger cave-in, trigger crop blight, trigger solar storm, trigger plague outbreak, trigger supply drop, trigger colonist escape pod, trigger volcano, trigger flaming wombat invasion, and so on.

Anyway, if this has been posted before, I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

TL:DR version - Make buttons wot can do all the things.