[1.1.2598] Stonecutter's table 'do until you have X' does not count blocks

Started by Byookay, April 12, 2020, 02:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byookay

What happened:
Not using any mods: creating a bill to 'Make slate blocks' 'do until have X' and setting it to some number X, then changing it from 'Look everywhere' to 'Look in STOCKPILE_NAME' causes it to not count existing number of blocks in the chosen stockpile ('Currently have:' will show 0 instead of the number of blocks the stockpile has). Because it thinks that the count is 0 it causes it to act as 'Do forever' because the count never increases despite adding blocks to the stockpile. Changing it back to 'Look everywhere' will show the proper number of blocks that exist.

What I expect to happen
If I create a bill to 'Make slate blocks' 'do until have X' and choose to look in a specific stockpile, I expect the 'Currently have:' count to reflect the number of blocks in that chosen stockpile, not 0. I expect workers to stop creating new slate blocks once that chosen stockpile has reached X number of blocks.

My explanation uses 'Make slate blocks', but I've confirmed it happens also with 'Make limestone blocks' and possibly other block types.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start new colony in area with stone chunks, wood and steel
2. Create a stockpile zone that accepts slate blocks
2. Build a Wooden stonecutter's table
3. On the wooden stonecutter's table, add a bill to 'Make slate blocks'
4. Click 'Details...' on that newly created bill
5. Change 'Do X times' to 'Do until you have X'
6. Notice that 'Currently have:' is 0 because we haven't yet created any slate blocks
7. Choose a number, let's say 50
8. Change 'Look everywhere' to 'Look in STOCKPILE_NAME'
9. Let workers create slate blocks and bring them to the stockpile
10. Notice that the 'Currently have:' count never increases despite slate blocks being in the stockpile
11. Notice that if you change the bill settings from 'Look in STOCKPILE_NAME' back to 'Look everywhere' the 'Currently have:' count updates to properly reflect the number of slate blocks that exist in the stockpile.
12. Notice that if you change the bill settings back to 'Look in STOCKPILE_NAME', the 'Currently have:' count becomes 0